Free 186 More Best Homemade Tools eBook:  
Get 2,000+ tool plans, full site access, and more.

User Tag List

Thread: Howdy y'all, I'm Walker5106

Thanks

Howdy y'all, I'm Walker5106

My wife and I have retired to our home in Honduras. It's a one-story wooden home that we're rebuilding into a three-story block & concrete home. We want to be totally OFF THE GRID, so we want to build and install a water catchment system, our own private shallow water well, two 5,000 gallon cisterns, a sand filter, a diesel truck wind generator & marine battery storage system, a roof hot water system, a fire place, and a hot water radiator system (fed from the roof).

If any of you can advise me on any particular system that you know works well, I'm all ears. In my early years, I was a builder, and do about anything, though I'm over 70 now and don't do things as fast as I used to. I welcome any advise you may have (and plans).

Glad to be connected. If you would like to send me a note (or plans), they will be welcomed

Thanks again;
    Warm Regards,

Walker5106

186 More Best Homemade Tools eBook

Thanks
    Hi Walker5106,

Welcome!

Sounds like an ambitious project. I saw your other post on Monday and suspect that you'll receive more responses there. I can't even imagine undertaking an enterprise such as yours. Best of luck with it!

Ken

2000 Tool Plans

Thanks
    Hi Ken,

Thanks for the welcome; yes, I guess it is an ambitious undertaking; but, I think we're up to it. We're currently working on a 10' high x 1' wide concrete privacy fence. It will hopefully be finished in a month. We need it to protect our building supplies; and, to hide the fact that we're putting in our own water & electrical systems

I will say, I'm enjoying the building (and designing) tremendously.

I'll keep you posted from time to time.

Warm Regards,
    Walker5106

Thanks
    Hi,

It really does sound like a neat project. Ambitious, yes, but by no means beyond a couple of determined and resourceful people. My large projects have been entirely vehicular in nature (airplanes, motorcycles, and, most recently, a car), but I wouldn't even know where to begin in reengineering an entire property. Very impressive!

Ken

186 More Best Homemade Tools eBook

Thread Information