I had a precision job coming up which needed the tailstock to be well centred. My tailstock has always been a pain in the neck to align. Tightening the cam lock would always screw up the alignment and of course I couldn't make the adjustments with the cam lock tight. On lathes that I have had in the past I modified the tailstock to help with this problem. Today I decided to do the same with my current machine.
I made a video as I worked and the best way to get an idea is to watch the video
It didn't take long to do and the alignment was considerably easier. I will follow up this post and video with another discussing the actual alignment.
There are other tool making videos on my channel at