The inlay was a bit tricky because everything was so small.
While making the thumbscrew I drilled a depression in the brass head on the lathe.
Into this I superglued a button I had turned earlier from a material called Juma.
The surface of this button was dressed flat on the lathe.
Then I took my mother of pearl diamond shape and held it down temporarily with a neatly cut
Piece of double sided tape. Holding the diamond firmly in place with my thumb I marked around it
With a scalpel. Then I literally cut out the recess for the shape using the scalpel and a very tiny chisel
That I have. The Juma proved more difficult to cut and chisel than wood but I got there.
After that it was a matter of gluing into place and then sanding down flat.
Tricky hand work but worth effort.
Post your reply!
Join 42,532 of us and get 500+ tool plans, tool eBooks, build guides, and much more.
Visit my blog at www.waneyedgeworkshop.com
There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)