Free 186 More Best Homemade Tools eBook:  
Get 2,000+ tool plans, full site access, and more.

User Tag List

Thread: Leyland Society of Model Engineers model trains - GIF

Content Editor
    Supporting Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 29,900 Times in 9,939 Posts

Leyland Society of Model Engineers model trains - GIF

Leyland Society of Model Engineers model trains.

Previously:

Model train restaurant - GIF
    Model steam locomotives - GIF
    Fabulous model train layouts
    Model snowplow train - video

186 More Best Homemade Tools eBook

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Altair For This Useful Post:

albertq (Apr 7, 2024), baja (Apr 6, 2024), mr mikey (Apr 6, 2024), nova_robotics (Apr 6, 2024), tuchie (Apr 7, 2024)

Thanks

mr mikey's Tools
    I have a local club that has hand built trains like these. They run them at a local park weather permitting, kids sure have fun (adults also). One of the fellows I met needed some work on his motorhome. I went to his house and was totally impressed with his shop and how he makes most of the parts. A very talented man and this was his side hobby. I think by the time he showed me around and we shot the breeze about four hours went by. Fixing his motorhome was easy. It had an Allison transmission that didn't shift correctly. The PCM showed speed sensor codes. One sensor needed a new connector (water intrusion). I'm looking forward to the model train show that comes to town every year. Venders from all over are there with machines for sale, tools, parts and a lot of knowledgeable people. Even if your not into trains the machining aspect for me is wonderful.

2000 Tool Plans

Supporting Member Hoosiersmoker's Avatar
    Thanks
    My father-in-law had me take a car to his buddy Fred's house to look at it. It had a ticking sound that I was sure was a lifter sticking (Buick Limited). He told me as soon as I pulled up it was an exhaust leak. I disagreed and he walked into his shop and got an oil can. He opened the air filter cover and dribbled oil into the carburetor and smoke poured off the side of the motor out of the hole in one of the exhaust recirc tubes that had a small hole in it and was leaking! I walked back to his shop and he had a nearly completed steam locomotive on a work table. I asked about it and he told me it was a small one he was finishing up. It was about 36" long and he rode it around his property. The big one he took to the Hesston Steam Locomotive Museum(?) when they had shows and such (it was nearly 8' long!). He pulled back a tarp and there was a beautiful locomotive and about 5 wooden cars for riding in. All built by him, by hand! He was a cool old guy! I was about 30 then and he was about 80-ish so he's long gone but I bet all his locomotives still work just fine!

186 More Best Homemade Tools eBook
    "Divided We Stand, Together We Rise!" - (From "White Feather") - Marillion

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Hoosiersmoker For This Useful Post:

mr mikey (Apr 9, 2024)

Thread Information