Free 186 More Best Homemade Tools eBook:  
Get 2,000+ tool plans, full site access, and more.

User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Manure shaker separator - GIF

Supporting Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,148 Times in 619 Posts

nova_robotics's Tools
    Quote Originally Posted by Frank S View Post
    They do it all the time depreciation of structures , vehicles and equipment, insurance deductions, vet bills fuel and feed expenses, loss of time and wages when a show is cancelled. loss of revenue when a horse loses a race. the list goes on forever.
    You can even get the government to pay you to adopt wild mustangs all you have to do is keep them for a few years.
    But then again some ranchers take advantage of the mustang adoption program and get some fine ranch animals out of a few of them.
    Okay, so you have to at least pretend to be a business. So some random person, with a horse that's essentially a pet, can't get a tax break.

186 More Best Homemade Tools eBook

Thanks

Rikk's Tools
    if horses are not being used for ranching work what use are they?
    if they are ranch horses they don't need private stalls either
    anything else that has to do with keeping horses in nothing but a tax dodge.
    Back home boys, girls, men and women rode them in rodeos, everything from elementary school up to national competitions, then when they quit competing, they became trail riders. Kind of like dirt bike folks who ride trails for fun.

2000 Tool Plans

Thanks
    Thanked 8,788 Times in 4,207 Posts

Frank S's Tools
    Quote Originally Posted by Rikk View Post
    Back home boys, girls, men and women rode them in rodeos, everything from elementary school up to national competitions, then when they quit competing, they became trail riders. Kind of like dirt bike folks who ride trails for fun.
    riding horses to cut calves out of a heard to ear tagging chipping or tattooing is working them it takes practice to learn roping and dogging. rounding up strays and herding them back to the heard to be loaded up in a trailer or put through a portable chute for veterinary. also is working them , riding fence rows where inaccessible to ATVs is ranching as well, going to rodeos to demonstrate their skills in hopes of being hired on and outfit, understandable. but rodeoing just to hear a bunch of spectators cheer, a total waste of time and energy, which could be better spent resting up for the next day's work.
    taking tourist on trail ride is a source of income, but why not include a pack mule on the trail ride with shovels, ax, fence stretchers, staples, and fence pliers, give the city folk a taste of what real trail riding is all about by mending, moving or building fences. or take them on trail rides through a forested area and clear under brush or mark dead trees and those ready for logging or have them plant seedlings carried on the pack mule. since so many of them claim to be tree huggers. and worried about the environment. That will teach them why they are city dwellers and not people.
    That is not to say that all city dwellers are not people, some actually do real work in factories and only live in the cities because of their work.
    Never try to tell me it can't be done
    When I have to paint I use KBS products

Thanks

NortonDommi's Tools
    if horses are not being used for ranching work what use are they?
    Pull your buggy to town to go shopping, Woman not too far away breeds those miniature ones that were used as pit pony's and takes them around to rest homes and a kids hospital as therapeutic animals. She has a couple of carts well and surprising just how strong they are. Be good for tilling small gardens aye.
    When the collapse comes we may need to go backwards for a while so keeping a few animals that are not purely for work is a good thing - ask my old dog.

Thanks
    Thanked 8,788 Times in 4,207 Posts

Frank S's Tools
    Quote Originally Posted by NortonDommi View Post
    Pull your buggy to town to go shopping, Woman not too far away breeds those miniature ones that were used as pit pony's and takes them around to rest homes and a kids hospital as therapeutic animals. She has a couple of carts well and surprising just how strong they are. Be good for tilling small gardens aye.
    When the collapse comes we may need to go backwards for a while so keeping a few animals that are not purely for work is a good thing - ask my old dog.
    I have an elderly nearby neighbor about 2 miles from me who has a couple hay burners 3 jacks and several goats the goats are her lawn mowers the jacks are snake killers she rides 1 or the other of the hay burners to get around her property to check on the goats from time to time. Everyone fears some day we will hear of her being found dead still in the saddle the same way her husband of 60 years was found 10 years ago. Their kids all moved to the cities scattered around the country 40 to 50 years ago but her grand and adult great grand kids come visit her regularly. never met any of her kids they would be about my age or older I guess
    Never try to tell me it can't be done
    When I have to paint I use KBS products

Thanks

Floradawg's Tools
    If there's a way to make a buck, you can be sure someone is doing it.

186 More Best Homemade Tools eBook
    Stupid is forever, ignorance can be fixed.

Thread Information