Free 186 More Best Homemade Tools eBook:  
Get 2,000+ tool plans, full site access, and more.

User Tag List

Thread: Massive landslide in India - GIF

Content Editor
    Supporting Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 29,267 Times in 9,726 Posts

Massive landslide in India - GIF

Massive landslide in the northern Indian state of Himachal Pradesh.

Previously:

Landslide causes house to topple over - GIF
    Landslide derails train - video
    Excavator bangs ground to cause landslide - GIF

186 More Best Homemade Tools eBook

Thanks
    Thanked 8,766 Times in 4,195 Posts

Frank S's Tools
    Looks like their naked rain walk worked overtime. In parts of India they have naked rain walks in draught stricken a regions. Some believe these help to appease the god of rain, however most think the ritual is conducted more to lighten the mood in an attempt to raise the spirits of the people in an effort to sway their minds from the conditions brought on by the seasonal draughts.
    Of course in other parts of the world the droughts in Northern India followed by the seasonal monsoons are quickly latched onto by climate change activists.
    The recent higher than normal landslide events along with other seemingly abnormal weather related events around the world most likely "IN MY OPINION" can be directly attributed to an exponentially accelerating growth of the global population. creating more demands for arable land to plant crops. Deforestation of mountains for building materials or to create farmlands or not initializing a forest husbandry regimen to replant forests for regrowth, covering the globe with more and more building structures strip mining larger and larger areas globally are all contributing factors to the possibility of any alteration of the natural climatic changing process.
    Hear is an article by Nat.Geo. about the mountains in Northern India
    The Mountains Are Calling For Help | Nat Geo Traveller India

2000 Tool Plans
    Never try to tell me it can't be done
    When I have to paint I use KBS products

3. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Frank S For This Useful Post:

daniel82 (Sep 12, 2021), metric_taper (Sep 9, 2021), odd one (Sep 9, 2021), toeless joe (Sep 9, 2021)

Thanks

metric_taper's Tools
    Quote Originally Posted by Frank S View Post
    Looks like their naked rain walk worked overtime. In parts of India they have naked rain walks in draught stricken a regions. Some believe these help to appease the god of rain, however most think the ritual is conducted more to lighten the mood in an attempt to raise the spirits of the people in an effort to sway their minds from the conditions brought on by the seasonal draughts.
    Of course in other parts of the world the droughts in Northern India followed by the seasonal monsoons are quickly latched onto by climate change activists.
    The recent higher than normal landslide events along with other seemingly abnormal weather related events around the world most likely "IN MY OPINION" can be directly attributed to an exponentially accelerating growth of the global population. creating more demands for arable land to plant crops. Deforestation of mountains for building materials or to create farmlands or not initializing a forest husbandry regimen to replant forests for regrowth, covering the globe with more and more building structures strip mining larger and larger areas globally are all contributing factors to the possibility of any alteration of the natural climatic changing process.
    Hear is an article by Nat.Geo. about the mountains in Northern India
    The Mountains Are Calling For Help | Nat Geo Traveller India

I'm of this same belief. But world governments will go down the path of carbon only reduction solution, as the deforestation continues.
    I see a history where the African Sahara desert was a huge fresh water lake and forest, and I believe the building of pyramids and other neolithic structures cut those trees down and created the climate change. They didn't build pyramids in a desert, it had to be lush to support all the workers and industry supply chain to produce all the stone work, as well the all the feeding of the masses.
    I've yet to see anyone talk about massive population reduction to stop the mining of trees and mineral resources at an unsustainable rate.
    And I know there's people that just believe the weather is just statistical and there's no long term changes.
    Frank, we won't see how big this failure will be, I don't want to be around when there's multiyear crop failure and world starvation, and the migration from the early hit countries to where there is food. Starving animals are dangerous to be around.

186 More Best Homemade Tools eBook

Thread Information