Free 186 More Best Homemade Tools eBook:  
Get 2,000+ tool plans, full site access, and more.

User Tag List

Thread: Microwaved egg explodes - GIF

Content Editor
    Supporting Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 29,843 Times in 9,932 Posts

Microwaved egg explodes - GIF

Microwaved egg explodes.

Previously:

Pressure cooker explosions - GIFs
    Hard boiled egg machine - GIF
    Egg peeling machine - GIF
    Egg topper - GIF
    Egg candling - GIF

186 More Best Homemade Tools eBook

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Altair For This Useful Post:

nova_robotics (Nov 1, 2023), rlm98253 (Nov 1, 2023), Tule (Nov 2, 2023)

Thanks

BuffaloJohn's Tools
    Pressure vessel that is punctured – super heated core has to do that so the steam can follow the ideal gas law :: PV=nRT

2000 Tool Plans

Supporting Member Hoosiersmoker's Avatar
    Thanks
    She expected it to pop like a balloon!
    "Divided We Stand, Together We Rise!" - (From "White Feather") - Marillion

Thanks
    When we first got a microwave back in the late 70's my younger brother (he was about 8 or 9 at the time) decided he wanted to cook an egg in it, but he wanted a hard boiled one so he stuck that puppy in the micro shell and all. He set the timer for about 15 min. (that's about how long it takes to hard boil one)
    after about the 5th minute that thing exploded all over the inside the mw oven. About that time mom came home from work and just about had a heart attack seeing the mess in her brand new kitchen appliance. (I just about died laughing)

Thanks

WmRMeyers's Tools
    Quote Originally Posted by drivermark View Post
    When we first got a microwave back in the late 70's my younger brother (he was about 8 or 9 at the time) decided he wanted to cook an egg in it, but he wanted a hard boiled one so he stuck that puppy in the micro shell and all. He set the timer for about 15 min. (that's about how long it takes to hard boil one)
    after about the 5th minute that thing exploded all over the inside the mw oven. About that time mom came home from work and just about had a heart attack seeing the mess in her brand new kitchen appliance. (I just about died laughing)
    I got a Kenmore microwave in the late 70's, and it was supposed to be able to handle having aluminum foil in the cooking chamber. Put a chicken? pot pie in it, and set the time. Only I flubbed the setting somehow. Walked away expecting it to go "ding" and let me know my pot pie was ready to eat. Instead, eventually the kitchen filled with black smoke... Opened both doors and crawled under the smoke to reach up and hit the cancel button. This thing did not have the rotating table like newer ones have. Pot pie was on a glass dish, and the bottom of the dish was melted. BIG hole in the pot pie from the material that had burned... Microwave still worked, and the cooled plate broke loose from the paint so I was able to get the plate out. Been very careful of microwaves ever since. Except once. Put a new china cup in the modern one we have now, and started heating water in it for a cup of tea. Sparks and flame! Didn't realize that the cup had a gold rim...

It's one of a pair of Noritaki china Totoro cups I got for my wife to cheer her up. So now I either use a tea pot to heat the water, or a glass measuring cup. It's easy to tell which cup was in the microwave, and which was not. Missing bits of the rim...

So: Learn from my Fail!

186 More Best Homemade Tools eBook

Thread Information