Free 186 More Best Homemade Tools eBook:  
Get 2,000+ tool plans, full site access, and more.

User Tag List

Thread: Mr

Thanks

Red face Mr

Hello One and All.
    I've been nicknamed many a time as McGiver....why's that. Well if its broke you don't necessarily need to buy a replacement. I'll unbroke many an item. If tools I'm using are hurting my hands as a Toolmaker while bench finishing a moulding Tool...well I'll find a way to make holding it more effective. I have the ability to be able to weld in the eye of a needle. I am also a Laser Welder....providing a Laser welding service to Toolmakers and Engravers both amateur and professional to restore material thats be damaged by Man or Machine. I think outside the Square...I did that when I was at a hardware store....thinking...those crappy grinders with a short 2"wide belt bolted onto a side of a 6" bench grinder....as I walked along the aisle...wow I saw a belt grinder upside down belly up. As if by magic my mind started to build brackets and a support system to run a 72" x 2 inch knive grinding system with a sturdy table support attached. By hook or by crook I dont even know how I landed on this site....but then I saw what someone else made....my vision stood before me on this site. I'm an avid collector of popular mechanics from around the 50's where people in Australia had the sense to order weekly or monthly copies. My treasured one...hehehe is how to cut Christmas decorations out of an Aluminium Coca Cola can...well that's me...and Odd ball and a wanna be knife maker.

186 More Best Homemade Tools eBook

Jon
    Jon is online now Jon has agreed the Seller's Terms of Service
    Administrator
    Supporting Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 39,002 Times in 11,392 Posts
    Hi Buster Gonad - welcome to HomemadeTools.net

Sounds like you'll fit in well here

How is the 2x72 build going so far?

2000 Tool Plans

Thanks
    Hi. Im trying to find the link to what got me to this forum. Its a belt sander that was set upside down...any idea's

Jon
    Jon is online now Jon has agreed the Seller's Terms of Service
    Administrator
    Supporting Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 39,002 Times in 11,392 Posts
    Hi Buster Gonad - welcome to HomemadeTools.net

Here's a link for ideas: Homemade Belt Sanders and Grinders - HomemadeTools.net

Some of the belt sander builds are adjustable such that they can be used from either a horizontal or vertical orientation.

186 More Best Homemade Tools eBook

Thread Information