Free 186 More Best Homemade Tools eBook:  
Get 2,000+ tool plans, full site access, and more.

User Tag List

Thread: New motorcycle mechanic

Thanks

New motorcycle mechanic

Just here checking out your great ideas and how I can use them to make my job easier. I am an apprentice motorcycle mechanic just finishing my studies way up in Northern Alberta in Fairview which is closer to Northwest Territories than it is to the Canadian/American border. Why they built a motorcycle school up here, who knows? Maybe they have the snowmobile school in Mexico City. Hope to learn a lot. Thanks.
    Greg
    El Canadiense

186 More Best Homemade Tools eBook

Jon
    Jon is offline Jon has agreed the Seller's Terms of Service
    Administrator
    Supporting Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 39,004 Times in 11,393 Posts
    Hi Greg - welcome to HomemadeTools.net

Urgh, I'm jealous. I would love to be on the tail end of motorcycle mechanic school. My experience with Canadians on the web is that they are disproportionately motorheads, and both knowledgeable and passionate about it.

Any cool builds next up on your list?

2000 Tool Plans

Thanks
    Hi Greg,

Welcome!

Sounds as though you've been having fun up there in the Great White North. What are you riding these days - snow permitting, of course?

Ken

Thanks

Imabass's Tools
    Check out my posts. I have several motorcycle related tools.

Thanks
    Thanks for the welcome. I currently drive a 2001 Yamaha VMax that I have driven down to Guatemala through the States and Mexico. Spent almost a year touring down there. Have driven a 1993 Yamaha FJ1200 down to Panama and spent a year or two there and a 1985 Yamaha Venture Royale I bought for $900 and drove that down to Mexico.

I am 53 years old and have owned mostly Yamahas in my life although I love almost any bike. Here in school, I just finished working on an Harley Evolution engine doing a top-end overhaul. This week we are studying and working on Motorcycle Ignitions. I love electrical and hope one day to make it my specialty. I am very interested in finding out if anyone knows about ways to check coils and CDI boxes. There are some out there but I can't find anyone who still produces them at a non-ridiculous price.

If anyone could point me in the right direction or already knows something, let me know.

186 More Best Homemade Tools eBook

Thread Information