Free 186 More Best Homemade Tools eBook:  
Get 2,000+ tool plans, full site access, and more.

User Tag List

Thread: newbie

Thanks

hey everyone! just found this site.i'm a former a&p mechanic and auto mechanic.pretty much a do it yourselfer.thanks for having me aboard...

186 More Best Homemade Tools eBook

Thanks
    Hi sixty,

Welcome!

What sort of A&P work did you do? Jon and I are both pilots…

Are you working on anything interesting at the moment?

Ken

2000 Tool Plans

Thanks
    hi ken,

thanks for welcoming me to homemadetools.looks like a great site with alot going on! i've seen some very interesting builds and tremendous diversity.here in new iberia,la. the majority of commercial aviation is helicopters.i have over 15 years on bell 206,212,412,214,222.205.also sikorsky s76,aerospatiale and bolkow.everything from ground up builds to running a field base.no aviation builds currently,but i do have a 79 elcamino and a 80 mgb as my therepy.how about you?

gary

Thanks
    Hey Gary,

Sounds like interesting work. I'm assuming that most of the heli business in LA is supporting the offshore oil operations? Must have kept you busy!

Aviation-wise, I've flown and instructed in most of the common single-engine GA types. Cessnas, Pipers, and Beechcraft, plus tailwheel and aerobatics in the Citabria, Decathlon, Pitts, and Extra. GA multi time in all the usual light twins. Warbird instruction time in the T-6 (primarily tailwheel, acro, and formation work). I've only got about 15 hours of helicopter time, but some of that (fun!) was in a turbine Bell 47. Some time in larger equipment, too, both piston and jet.

Project-wise, I've built an RV-8 and the wings of a Model 12 Pitts. I restored a '69 Triumph Bonneville T120R a few years ago and just completed an Ultima GTR. Nothing else ongoing at the moment, though I'm feeling the pull of a Daytona Coupe project…

Let's see some pics of your "therapy" cars…

Ken

186 More Best Homemade Tools eBook

Thread Information