Free 186 More Best Homemade Tools eBook:  
Get 2,000+ tool plans, full site access, and more.

User Tag List

Thread: Pickup crane - video

Jon
    Jon is online now Jon has agreed the Seller's Terms of Service
    Administrator
    Supporting Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 38,839 Times in 11,337 Posts

Pickup crane - video

Pickup crane. By Made in Poland. 11:40 video:

186 More Best Homemade Tools eBook

2. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to Jon For This Useful Post:

Andyt (Sep 9, 2021), baja (Sep 9, 2021), dave003 (Sep 13, 2021), JoeVanGeaux (Sep 9, 2021), KustomsbyKent (Sep 9, 2021), mccwho (Sep 13, 2021), nova_robotics (Sep 12, 2021), Ralphxyz (Sep 9, 2021), Scotsman Hosie (Sep 12, 2021), that_other_guy (Sep 9, 2021), Tooler2 (Sep 8, 2021), WmRMeyers (Sep 9, 2021)

Supporting Member Fluffle-Valve's Avatar
    Thanks
    Yes, I like that.

2000 Tool Plans
    I have a 1972 Land Rover Series III Truck Cab/Pick-Up and a 1962 Land Rover Series 2a Carawagon Camper.

Supporting Member
    Thanks

that_other_guy's Tools
    Very well built!

Thanks

NeiljohnUK's Tools
    Neat and no problems with space, unlike the usual suspect 'mobile thieving b'stard stolen caravan dwelling do-as-they-likies' who take a normal truck sized Hiab crane and unbolt and slide the bed back to make space for it on a pick-up or similar tray-back, so they can 'reach' over secure fences to steal with it. The fact the weight of a truck Hiab is likely to exceed the chassis weight rating is irrelevant as most are running around in stolen vehicles on cloned number plates anyway.

Supporting Member
    Thanks

old kodger's Tools
    Quote Originally Posted by NeiljohnUK View Post
    Neat and no problems with space, unlike the usual suspect 'mobile thieving b'stard stolen caravan dwelling do-as-they-likies' who take a normal truck sized Hiab crane and unbolt and slide the bed back to make space for it on a pick-up or similar tray-back, so they can 'reach' over secure fences to steal with it. The fact the weight of a truck Hiab is likely to exceed the chassis weight rating is irrelevant as most are running around in stolen vehicles on cloned number plates anyway.
    Now tell us how you really feel.

It is a good build, with lots of good ideas incorporated in it, however, I can tell you from hard won experience that if you put a decent weight on it that swivel mounting, WILL bend.
    There is a very good reason why commercial Hiabs and the like use a 6" or 8" mounting structure, and it's not because they want to use up 8" pipe.

Thanks

NortonDommi's Tools
    Quote Originally Posted by NeiljohnUK View Post
    This sounds as if you may have encountered the mentioned ne'er-do-wells or at least have experience of their 'work'?

Thanks
    Thanked 8,788 Times in 4,207 Posts

Frank S's Tools
    Never try to tell me it can't be done
    When I have to paint I use KBS products

Thanks

NeiljohnUK's Tools
    Quote Originally Posted by NortonDommi View Post
    This sounds as if you may have encountered the mentioned ne'er-do-wells or at least have experience of their 'work'?
    Yes, and witnessed just how little they care about others, setting a stolen caravan (travel trailer) on fire when they'd finished with it to destroy DNA evidence, with a cylinder of Propane in the middle of it, fly-tipping, and metal theft (cable) crippling the railways, the list goes on.

For those who want to research more I'd suggest a google maps street tour of Rathkeale, Eire, where many of them have based themselves, the high walls, sharp spear tip topped gates and heavily barred windows etc so how little they trust each other.

COI statement: I have Roma gypsy familial connections and the hate for the 'travellers' comes from the damage they've done to our image and old way of life.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to NeiljohnUK For This Useful Post:

NortonDommi (Sep 11, 2021)

Supporting Member
    Thanks
    Very nice work, on both the Crane and the Video!

186 More Best Homemade Tools eBook

Thread Information