Free 186 More Best Homemade Tools eBook:  
Get 2,000+ tool plans, full site access, and more.

User Tag List

Thread: Quick wire clamp tool

Supporting Member
    Thanks

Stevohdee's Tools

Quick wire clamp tool

Hello again, today i present my version of this popular tool and some great welding !?!?
    Cheers, steve ohhh dear... hmm

186 More Best Homemade Tools eBook

2. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Stevohdee For This Useful Post:

johncg (Oct 5, 2023), Jon (Oct 4, 2023), nova_robotics (Oct 8, 2023), piper184 (Oct 5, 2023), Sleykin (Oct 4, 2023), Wildwilly (Oct 5, 2023), wimton (Oct 8, 2023)

Content Editor
    Supporting Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,853 Times in 1,654 Posts

Thanks Stevohdee! We've added your Wire Clamp Tool to our Fastening category,
    as well as to your builder page: Stevohdee's Homemade Tools. Your receipt:

2000 Tool Plans

Thanks
    After just using such a method yesterday for a hose clamp, without the “tensioner”, I have to thank you profusely! I will immediately tell you of my idea to make your tool even better. Because I needed to clamp a 3/16” hose onto a barb I didn’t have a clamp small enough so used some steel safety wire which is very thin. I can see that using your tool would cause me to cut the clamp wire when just wanting to grip it. My idea when building your tool would be to grind the cutting edges of the nippers flat first of all, build the tool and then resharpen the ends of the nippers that aren’t used to grip the wire when tightening.
    Either that or use a pair of pliers to build your tool and keep some nippers handy for cutting the wire. I believe that I’ll be using a pair of pliers for mine, but using your idea for the “tensioner”.
    Thank you very much!

Supporting Member
    Thanks

Stevohdee's Tools
    Quote Originally Posted by Wildwilly View Post
    After just using such a method yesterday for a hose clamp, without the “tensioner”, I have to thank you profusely! I will immediately tell you of my idea to make your tool even better. Because I needed to clamp a 3/16” hose onto a barb I didn’t have a clamp small enough so used some steel safety wire which is very thin. I can see that using your tool would cause me to cut the clamp wire when just wanting to grip it. My idea when building your tool would be to grind the cutting edges of the nippers flat first of all, build the tool and then resharpen the ends of the nippers that aren’t used to grip the wire when tightening.
    Either that or use a pair of pliers to build your tool and keep some nippers handy for cutting the wire. I believe that I’ll be using a pair of pliers for mine, but using your idea for the “tensioner”.
    Thank you very much!
    Hey that sounds like a plan, looking forward to your result, cheers

186 More Best Homemade Tools eBook

Thread Information