Free 186 More Best Homemade Tools eBook:  
Get 2,000+ tool plans, full site access, and more.

User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Ring Rollers

Jon
    Jon is online now Jon has agreed the Seller's Terms of Service
    Administrator
    Supporting Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 38,789 Times in 11,325 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Leprechaun View Post
    I've noticed the problem and it has to do with a site's software configuration for displaying images. Sometimes the wide images are rotated (as seems to be your situation) and sometimes tall images are rotated. The simple 'solution' is to crop a copy of your pics to be sorta close to square. (I don't know how close; my experience is they don't have to be exactly or even really close to square, but you might need to experiment.) Hope you get it working, cuz I sure want to see more!
    You're right about this. There is a back-and-forth about this exact subject with this forum software's customers and developers, here: How do I disable images from auto-rotating - vBulletin Community Forum, with the end result being that this is not a bug. I disagree, and I've just installed a fix for this that makes an image orientation decision based on the image's EXIF data.

It will not retroactively orient all previously-uploaded pictures, but the goal is to properly handle future jpeg images. Let's keep an eye on this going forward and make sure it works properly.

186 More Best Homemade Tools eBook

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jon For This Useful Post:

DIYer (Dec 21, 2015), Paul Jones (Dec 21, 2015)

Thread Information