Free 186 More Best Homemade Tools eBook:  
Get 2,000+ tool plans, full site access, and more.

User Tag List

Thread: Rock picking machine - GIF

Content Editor
    Supporting Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 29,831 Times in 9,929 Posts

Rock picking machine - GIF

Rock picking machine.

Previously:

Rock separator - GIF
    rock picker attachment GIF
    Rock picking machine - GIF
    Rock vacuum - GIF
    Vibrating rock screen mechanism - GIF

186 More Best Homemade Tools eBook

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Altair For This Useful Post:

clydeman (Mar 14, 2024), nova_robotics (Mar 14, 2024), tuchie (Mar 17, 2024)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,453 Times in 823 Posts

hemmjo's Tools
    Does anyone else marvel at rocks like I do?

That field for example. All of those sharp edged rocks strewn about randomly mixed in with all of that what appears to be fine clay type soil. The edges not rounded as if they were deposited there by water, or exposed to eons of wind driven abrasion. It appears all of that material was just DUMPED there, all at one time by some cataclysmic event.

Or in a big excavation, removing yard after yard of very constant material only to find a HUGE (several tons) rock with no ragged surfaces, often with a few much smaller rock in close proximity. Of that random rock might just as easily have very ragged , no weather surfaces.

I can easily comprehend how soil, sand, gravel, and rock are moved and sorted and separated by moving water and wind. Lots of those other situations sure to fascinate me. The history of our planet, and the rest of the universe, is certainly fascinating.

2000 Tool Plans

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by hemmjo View Post
    Does anyone else marvel at rocks like I do?

That field for example. All of those sharp edged rocks strewn about randomly mixed in with all of that what appears to be fine clay type soil. The edges not rounded as if they were deposited there by water, or exposed to eons of wind driven abrasion. It appears all of that material was just DUMPED there, all at one time by some cataclysmic event.

Or in a big excavation, removing yard after yard of very constant material only to find a HUGE (several tons) rock with no ragged surfaces, often with a few much smaller rock in close proximity. Of that random rock might just as easily have very ragged , no weather surfaces.

I can easily comprehend how soil, sand, gravel, and rock are moved and sorted and separated by moving water and wind. Lots of those other situations sure to fascinate me. The history of our planet, and the rest of the universe, is certainly fascinating.
    That's a philosophical way of looking at it. But I'm a simple guy, for me I look at all the rocks and think... gardening is getting to be a big pain in the a$$.
    (I suppose that's because I just spent a good part of the day picking rocks out of the spot that I've had a garden for 30 years)

186 More Best Homemade Tools eBook

Thread Information