Free 186 More Best Homemade Tools eBook:  
Get 2,000+ tool plans, full site access, and more.

User Tag List

Thread: Scissor Lift Extentions

Thanks

charles scozzari's Tools

Scissor Lift Extentions

Made these for my mid-rise 6000 lb.scissor lift to give me more room to work on exhaust systems or for lifting a pick-up truck for repairs. I used 3x3x.125 box and 1/4" for all else. The height can now add and additional 9" the the lifts capacity. I added round rubber pads that I bought on e-bay for post type lifts to round 1/4" by 6" discs to add stability. I used 2x2x 1/4" angle and cut and machined it to size to make the base slides. The short one is what the lift comes with. I know these are available from the manufacturer but I had everything on hand to make them and saved myself a couple of hundred bucks. Using these on a car requires a little more set up time, but its worth it. Thanks for looking.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Scissor Lift Extentions-107_2556.jpg   Scissor Lift Extentions-107_2557.jpg   Scissor Lift Extentions-107_2558.jpg   Scissor Lift Extentions-107_2559.jpg  

186 More Best Homemade Tools eBook

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to charles scozzari For This Useful Post:

Jon (Jan 2, 2018), rlm98253 (Jan 3, 2018), Seedtick (Jan 3, 2018), Tule (Jan 4, 2018)

Content Editor
    Supporting Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,850 Times in 1,652 Posts

Thanks charles scozzari! We've added your Scissor Lift Extensions to our Jacks and Lifts category,
    as well as to your builder page: charles scozzari's Homemade Tools. Your receipt:

2000 Tool Plans

Thread Information