Free 186 More Best Homemade Tools eBook:  
Get 2,000+ tool plans, full site access, and more.

User Tag List

Page 17 of 33 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 LastLast

Thread: Shop Truths, Phrases, Tales; and Outright Lies

Thanks
    Thanked 8,789 Times in 4,207 Posts

Frank S's Tools
    Ya got any round-up over there?
    My first response would have been sure you want the 5 or 10% or the mega kill flavored. I can visualize what the women present would do at that point.
    First off as soon as Mike asked to pass the round-up his female companion would have dropped the pot roast she had just pulled from the oven. Your companion remembering a recent phone conversation prank would have fell to the floor in gut wrenching laughter she then would have rolled over onto the hot pot roast getting her hair tangled in what would have been a stupendously tastily main entree. This would have brought both of you guys to you feet forgetting that you were seated at the dinner table causing it to be over turned spilling the entire dinner setting all over the floor. bowls of dressings and condiments plus the potato salad and the platter of freshly buttered corn on the cob become weapons of mass disruption The two of you are tripping and slipping on the carnage while your lady is screaming at the top of her lungs I just spent XXXXXX$ on my hair now its ruined.
    Along about this time the children wondering what all of the commotion is about jump up from their table spilling their drinks the noise brings the 2 dogs and 3 cats to investigate The Great Dane can not stop and collides with the oven's still open door its weight propels it head long right into the open hot oven causing it to thrash about yelping in pain pulling the stove from its place breaking the gas line which nobody notices. Everyone eventually get to their feet both crying and laughing so hard they can barely believe what has happened when they finally smell gas. this becomes a life and death situation to get all living beings out of the house. As soon as everyone is safe the search ensues for the gas main shut off just at this time the gas reaches the flame of the only candle from the center piece that was not extinguished when spilling to the floor in the dining room. Its a full 15 minutes before the all volunteer fire brigade arrives on scene but by now the house is almost fully consumed in flames the only thing they manage to save is your friend's wife's 1954 corvette which he had only just that morning applied 2 coats of polish.
    Later Farmers insurance makes a commercial out of the whole affair the two families percentage of the royalties amounts to millions of Dollars
    and everybody swears they will never have a salad with their meals again.

186 More Best Homemade Tools eBook
    Never try to tell me it can't be done
    When I have to paint I use KBS products

Thanks
    Thanked 2,981 Times in 1,893 Posts

Toolmaker51's Tools
    Nope, they had a pair of friendly Staffordshire Terriers. If our English Pointer and Springer Spaniel were there, the whole thing would be tidied up proto.
    He's a fire sprinkler and backflow man, and lots of extinguishers. And she's not the hair-do type.
    But Frank, you have one serious creative writing streak...

2000 Tool Plans
    Sincerely,
    Toolmaker51
    ...we'll learn more by wandering than searching...

Thanks

Toolmaker51's Tools

Safety, according to OSHA...

Not so many comments, 'specially cause pix are worth 10,000 words, maybe more.
    Shop Truths, Phrases, Tales; and Outright Lies-oops-ouch.jpg
    Sincerely,
    Toolmaker51

Thanks

Toolmaker51's Tools

Safety, according to OSHA...2

Not so many comments, 'specially cause pix are still worth 10,000 words, maybe more.
    Shop Truths, Phrases, Tales; and Outright Lies-collapse.jpg
    Sincerely,
    Toolmaker51

Thanks

Toolmaker51's Tools

Have fun in your cubicle;

I'll be welding.
    Shop Truths, Phrases, Tales; and Outright Lies-welder.jpg
    Sincerely,
    Toolmaker51

Thanks

Frank S's Tools
    Quote Originally Posted by Toolmaker51 View Post
    Not so many comments, 'specially cause pix are worth 10,000 words, maybe more.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	oops-ouch.JPG 
Views:	310 
Size:	59.6 KB 
ID:	18715
    Not sure how they managed to get that rotary kiln stopped before the guy was spit out the other side. Judging by the looks of it I would say that at a minimum it would be a 12 ft diameter kiln if so then it would be at least 400 ft long. An accident like this could only have happened during a shutdown. The guy must have tripped and fell across the drive chain and became entangled in the chain just at the same time the kiln was being jogged But even that hardly makes any sense because the jogging motors are small in comparison to a drive motor and due to the amount of gear reduction required for them to have enough power to set the kiln in motion they can only make it rotate a few inches per minute. Unless someone hit the mains and switched on the drive motor which is in some cases many hundred Horsepower. But that again makes no sense because there would have been lock out tags on the switchgear plus any large kilns that I have ever been around, the main drive motors would not come on line until the kiln was rotating this was to prevent damage to the motors trying to start up 100s and sometimes 1000s of tons from a dead stall. The inrush current on a 20 to 400 HP motor can be astronimical

Thanks

Frank S's Tools
    Not so many comments, 'specially cause pix are still worth 10,000 words, maybe more.

Name:	collapse.JPG 
Views:	339 
Size:	79.5 KB 
ID:	18716
    That crane suffered from an extreme case of OH S**t
    the driver on the high reach is just raising the rear tires off the ground so a flat can be fixed LOL
    Seen plenty of turtle trucks almost every time is because they were hauling a large boulder that shifted in a turn or they drive across a soft spot

Thanks

Frank S's Tools
    I'll be welding.

Name:	welder.JPG 
Views:	317 
Size:	69.5 KB 
ID:	18717
    Those carbon arc gouges are the bomb seconded only to a lance for being useful to separate good metal from a crack.However with a lance you generally are interested in only saving 1 part while sacrificing the other. With an arc gouge I can surgically remove almost any factory weld while hardly touching either part the weld is holding together

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Frank S For This Useful Post:

Toolmaker51 (Jul 4, 2017)

Thanks

Toolmaker51's Tools
    Frank, funny that the 'welder' is cutting. I remembered this bumper sticker, especially for the attitude I liked. Couldn't find the specific one, so I went creative. Other pictures I ran across didn't do it for me. The old school helmet and emitted shower sold it.
    Some kind of soapbox mode has taken over, probably due current search for new employer. At the moment, I'm on contract in Reno setting up operations in a plant.
    Sincerely,
    Toolmaker51

Thanks

Frank S's Tools
    Setting up plant operations & productivity management, engineering consultant , Be careful that was one of the things that landed me a 10 year gig in Kuwait

Thread Information