Free 186 More Best Homemade Tools eBook:  
Get 2,000+ tool plans, full site access, and more.

User Tag List

Thread: Small plot,ag lime spreader

Thanks

trinketman's Tools

Small plot,ag lime spreader

Over the years, I’ve spread a lot of ag lime off of a large trailer onto a small trailer so I could haul it to small hidey hole deer food plot and shovel broadcast it off by hand. A student of this process knows you wait for August at the end of a two month drought so you can get the lime dry as possible. Wet ag lime has the consistency of stiff mixed brick mortar ,not impossible to shovel but lumpy and hard to broadcast.
    I’ve had this idea for a while. I did a small proof of concept model with a gallon bleach jug. It worked well enough that I wanted to go larger scale. With an eye to holding cost to a minimum , I constructed the project entirely with scrap . At some point I will upgrade components. In the mean time I’ll wear this one out before that happens. I’ll say it works well enough for me to continue using it in the future. It works really well with wet ag lime. I’d guess I’m getting a bit more than half full barrel. I bought a close to a ton of ag lime and I got 5 barrel loads . A good rule of thumb for ag lime would be a 1500 pounds for 10,000 square foot.(3 tons per acre)
    What about pelleted lime? Check out this link. Very informative. 200 lbs of pelletized lime = >½-1 T of Ag lime (not so)
    https://talk.newagtalk.com/forums/th...splayType=flat

Small plot,ag lime spreader-1.jpg
    Small plot,ag lime spreader-2.jpg
    Small plot,ag lime spreader-3.jpg
    Small plot,ag lime spreader-4.jpg
    Small plot,ag lime spreader-5.jpg
    Small plot,ag lime spreader-6.jpg
    Small plot,ag lime spreader-7.jpg

186 More Best Homemade Tools eBook

Content Editor
    Supporting Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,852 Times in 1,653 Posts

Thanks trinketman! We've added your Lime Spreader to our Farm and Garden category,
    as well as to your builder page: trinketman's Homemade Tools. Your receipt:

2000 Tool Plans

Thread Information