Free 186 More Best Homemade Tools eBook:  
Get 2,000+ tool plans, full site access, and more.

User Tag List

Thread: Storage shelf work bench combo

Threaded View

Thanks
    Thanked 8,809 Times in 4,220 Posts

Frank S's Tools

Storage shelf work bench combo

I should never be left unsupervised in my own shop.
    Work wise this whole week was a bomb, It seemed like almost every day there was someplace we absolutely had to go try to leave early in the mornings which consequently would be the best time to work in the shop to avoid the 100+ degree weather in the afternoons. By the time we returned the only thing I wanted to do was try and find things to do inside the Airconditioned machine shop van. LOL. I had 2 or 3 good sized projects scheduled but they didn't show up, kind of glad they haven't. I also wanted or actually needed to run some conduit and add more 120v outlets, but first I had to move some things away from the wall. Decided to insulate part of the wall while it was clear of debris then ran the conduit.
    Now what to do with this empty wall space? I know I'll add a shelf to store my acid vat on and get it up out of the way until the next time I need it 7ft off the floor should be about right, Ok I'll put a small work bench shelf below it and of course add another wrench rack so I can have wrenches right there at the work station OK, why not add a bar above it to hold a few "C" clamps that will make them real handy for the fabrication and assembly table 5 feet away.
    Just out of camera to the left in front of this shelf bench is the 5 by8 ft steel fab/ assembly table
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20230702_151547ws.jpg 
Views:	113 
Size:	343.3 KB 
ID:	45722

186 More Best Homemade Tools eBook
    Never try to tell me it can't be done
    When I have to paint I use KBS products

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Frank S For This Useful Post:

Scotty1 (Jul 3, 2023)

Thread Information