Free 186 More Best Homemade Tools eBook:  
Get 2,000+ tool plans, full site access, and more.

User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Turkey deep frying disaster demonstration - GIF

Thanks
    Thanked 6,380 Times in 2,117 Posts

mklotz's Tools
    Quote Originally Posted by Christophe Mineau View Post
    OK, OK, I think there are topics for which we could never reach agreements, let's admit it ...
    And some where we agree totally.

I lived in Versailles for six months, long enough that I had my current wife join me there. Every evening we would try a different dish at one of the many restaurants; gourmet heaven ! Our tour of the chateaux of the Loire was a similar feast for the eyes and tongue. And, of course, Paris was just a short train trip away. Quelle vie !

186 More Best Homemade Tools eBook
    ---
    Regards, Marv

Home Shop Freeware
    https://www.myvirtualnetwork.com/mklotz

2. The Following User Says Thank You to mklotz For This Useful Post:

Christophe Mineau (Nov 25, 2022)

Thanks

WmRMeyers's Tools
    Quote Originally Posted by odd one View Post
    Frank is absolutely correct; you can't beat smoking a turkey or brisket or pretty much any other meat for that matter. Most people here in the US only really eat a full turkey once a year and that often times that seems too frequently, so anything to be able to change or enhance the flavor. A properly smoked or deep-fried turkey (with your preferred flavor injection) I think can be compared to the difference between a nicely dry aged steak vs. a fresh one. That being said, we are having a ham today.
    I agree with both you and Frank on this. And I have a pork tenderloin in the Sous Vide right now... I like turkey, but I'm a cheap bastrich, and they're out of range for my current budget. The tenderloin was in the freezer, just had to dig a bit. SWMBO is ill enough that I'm cooking these days, even for holidays, so making a virtue out of necessity is a good thing! I do have a fish fryer, more or less the same thing as a turkey fryer but you provide your own pot. I bought it for melting lead, has never been used to cook any kind of food...

2000 Tool Plans

Thanks

BuffaloJohn's Tools
    Quote Originally Posted by WmRMeyers View Post
    And I have a pork tenderloin in the Sous Vide right now...
    Speaking of Sous Vide - I do the turkey in the Sous Vide - best turkey I have ever had...

I break down the turkey into the large cuts, breasts, legs, thighs, wings. Put the breasts into one vacuum bag, legs and thighs in another, wings in another. Dark meat is 148F for 12 hours, light meat is 140F for 8 hours. Then into the refrigerator till a few hours before serving d id all that on Sunday. Then back into Sous Vide at 140 for a 1 hour warm up at 135F. After warmed, save juices for gravy, pat dry, put on baking sheet, a little olive oil on skin and under the broiler for 15-20 minutes and then serve...

Thanks
    Thanked 8,766 Times in 4,195 Posts

Frank S's Tools
    One of the best kitchen investments I ever made was my vacuum sealer. I like to take certain types and cuts of meat then rub or marinade them in a mixture of my favorite spices or homemade sauces allow to age in a refrigerator for a predetermined time then seal them label and date then freeze them for a later time, they can be cooked right in the pouch allowing extra time for them to thaw while cooking or thawed and cooked by whatever means I chose. The flavors are sealed in, the herbs & spices actually have a chance to add their unique flavors. Very few seasonings do much to enhance the flavor after cooking anything, they merely mask and otherwise often bland entre

186 More Best Homemade Tools eBook
    Never try to tell me it can't be done
    When I have to paint I use KBS products

Thread Information