Free 186 More Best Homemade Tools eBook:  
Get 2,000+ tool plans, full site access, and more.

User Tag List

Thread: Who am I

Thanks

Who am I

Hi Folks,
    I am Australian and turned 83 yesterday 23rd January. I am interested in a wide range of subjects, e.g. engineering, woodworking, gardening, Constitutional law. I am also a volunteer community advocate to those unable to fight for their rights. My background is farming, horticulture, engineering, business consultancy and as a public servant working in Industrial relations and industry training. I am retired, (at least that is what they tell me). I can spell the word. However I still work up to 10-12 hours per day as a researcher. sadly I don't get paid for that. I am interested in learning and acquiring knowledge and skills. Probably what is important to me is what I am not interested. I am not interested in being told I must slow down and take it easy. I am an unreformed workaholic and that is a disease that is incurable I guess I am going to have to learn to navigate and input into the forum, so be patient.
    regards
    Professori_au

186 More Best Homemade Tools eBook

2. The Following User Says Thank You to professori_au For This Useful Post:

Paul Jones (Jan 24, 2016)

Jon
    Jon is offline Jon has agreed the Seller's Terms of Service
    Administrator
    Supporting Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 39,163 Times in 11,437 Posts
    Hi professori_au - welcome to HomemadeTools.net

Happy belated birthday!

Sounds like you have a wide and useful skill set. What kind of things are you interested in building? Do you see any ideas here that pique your interest?

2000 Tool Plans

Thanks
    Hi professori_au,

Welcome!

Happy (slightly belated) Birthday! Sounds as though you're keeping busy - what's next on your project list?

Ken

Thanks
    Hi All,
    At the moment I am trying to re organise the workshop to allow room form blacksmithing projects. Most of what have been doing has been woodwork, i.e. woodcarving/turning and making small furniture projects. As I am also a researcher into constitutional law, this involves a lot of computer work and you need to take breaks from sitting behind the screen, I decided to make a rose from sheet metal and my neighbour saw it and asked me to make one for his wife and his daughter's birthday. this had led to order for another half dozen. Not what I planned Anyway with those projects and the furnace I am making to melt aluminium, brass and copper, plus a forge I built I decided I needed to make a dedicated area. My late dearly beloved wife (Dutch girl) was always re arranging the furniture, so I am beginning to feel like her. I used to tell her to put a map on the door so I could find my way around when I cam home

186 More Best Homemade Tools eBook

Thread Information