Free 186 More Best Homemade Tools eBook:  
Get 2,000+ tool plans, full site access, and more.

User Tag List

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Wise vise bench.

Thanks
    Thanked 8,766 Times in 4,195 Posts

Frank S's Tools
    Tuomas, one of the main assets I brought to the table when I worked at the various companies was I had a lot of brass when talking to the BRASS of a company Many didn't like it but none ever completely disagreed with me. I think it was my psyops training in the military that taught me how to employ tact. In the long run I could make the things I did seam like it was their idea

186 More Best Homemade Tools eBook
    Never try to tell me it can't be done
    When I have to paint I use KBS products

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Frank S For This Useful Post:

PJs (May 8, 2018)

PJs
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,118 Times in 718 Posts

PJs's Tools
    Its sometimes very frustrating to explain that "we really need those tools".. or that "we need couple days to straighten our worktable".. maintain our tools or..
    This has 2mn machining allowance on horizontal surfaces... and every time, it reguires loads of heating, just because.. blaah..
    We feel your pain Tuomas. Your first point about maintenance of your area and tools is so important for efficiency and peace of mind, and your second about the extra time it takes to Do Your Job without proper tools and maintenance is so costly for all involved, but mainly breeds discontent which is more damaging in the long run, imho. I added to Franks story on Shop Truths, Phrases, Tales; and Outright Lies as an example of what you are talking about...do it right, the best you can, First time! First rule of Kaizen (my version)...Plan, Plan, Plan, Execute.

Communicating and getting such points across to Uppers is always challenging. Almost every place I've worked I have started an incentive program to listen to All Ideas and a system to evaluate the efficacy and implement them as quickly as possible for their ROI benifits...That alone is a difficult task to get across to uppers...but the benefits are well worth the effort imho and have lots of examples. It's also very important to feedback to those suggestions that didn't make the cut and why, which can breed further development that does work!

Kudo's again for getting your idea implemented even though it seems pitance! Everyone here knows what you bring!

PJ

2000 Tool Plans
    ‘‘Always do right. This will gratify some people and astonish the rest.’’
    Mark Twain

Thanks
    That was a great project. I’m gonna have to try and make myself one or two. Thanks for the post.

186 More Best Homemade Tools eBook

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Suttmike1 For This Useful Post:

Tuomas (Sep 6, 2018)

Thread Information