Free 186 More Best Homemade Tools eBook:  
Get 2,000+ tool plans, full site access, and more.

User Tag List

Thread: You guys are great

Thanks

You guys are great

The creative accomplishments of all you guys is impressive. You all deserve a pat on the back. Together, sharing, you present the evolution of ideas clearly and effectively. As a worker myself I know the pride of accomplishment and the disappointment of failure, and the courage to continue. I'm a 67 year old wood worker with some metal working back ground. I worked a few jobs as machinist, tool grinder, carpenter, cabinet maker, mill worker, apartment repairman, home fixer, doing all the usual things in electrical, plumbing, masonry, painting. In small crafts I use all the usual tools for miniatures but in recent years have slowed down to just grandpa fixing things for the family, kids, and a few friends.

186 More Best Homemade Tools eBook

Thanks
    Hi Meticularius,

Welcome!

Sounds as though you've got a great deal of experience spanning a wide range of skills. What sort of miniatures are you crafting? Let's see some pics!

What's next on your project list?

Ken

2000 Tool Plans

Thanks
    Hello Ken,

Sorry about the delay in answering. My first project is to master the password sign-in here, and the accuracy of my typing skills. I don't have any miniature projects scheduled right now (I'll just be fixing things as they appear). I am working pallets in my back yard, using 12' telephone poles at four corners of a 12' x 8' rectangle to construct a shed, multiple old windows and doors to construct a greenhouse, planning a tool kiosk that looks like the Tardis from Doctor Who fame, and developing a dual garden: one at ground level using fertilizers and one split level at both ground level and waist high that is organic. I won't have pictures for several months. Sorry. I don't usually join forums, but I did want to say publicly what an excellent job all you guys are doing and that I appreciate your efforts, accomplishments, and public sharings.

Thanks
    Thanks for the kinds words; much appreciated!

We'll look forward to seeing whatever photos you're able to share going forward. That Tardis-shaped tool kiosk sounds cool.

Ken

Content Editor
    Supporting Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,858 Times in 1,658 Posts
    Hi Meticularius, welcome to the forums! Apart from your immediate surroundings, your knowledge, skills, and wisdom are certainly welcome here.

186 More Best Homemade Tools eBook

Thread Information