Free 186 More Best Homemade Tools eBook:  
Get 2,000+ tool plans, full site access, and more.

User Tag List

Thread: Yves78 présentation

Thanks

Yves78 présentation

Hi everybody,

I am from France. I was mechanical engineer in the automotive industry, and have been CNC milling and turning programmer in the past, and before I was engineer in a CAD/CAM software editor company. I'm currently using open source softwares : librecad for 2D, and freecad for 3D.

My workshop contains a 9x20 lathe with a milling table, a drillpresss, and a 9x6 bandsaw.
    Since I have now more free time, I intent first to increase my workshop capbilities, building fixtures, tools, milling devices, and so on.
    My goal would be, after getting some more experience, to build small gasoline Vx engines.

I just discovered your site which is speaking of this topics, and I'm therefore happy to join you, and share knowledge, tips, drawings and so on with you !

186 More Best Homemade Tools eBook

Thanks
    Hi yves78,

Welcome - glad to have you here!

Lots of guys here are interested in CAD and CNC - your experience is very welcome!

Post some pics of your new workshop tooling in progress; we'd love to follow along. What's first on your build list?

Ken

2000 Tool Plans

Thanks
    Hi Kbalch,

Thanks for your welcome !
    I have so much in my todo list, that I'll have first to prioritize ;-). Main priorities should be :

- CNC foamcutter, using an "IPL5X" device / Vacuum pump and regulation system in order to build RC gliders for next summer.

- Increase rigidity of my home made CNC foam and plywood milling machine (I forgot to mention I had one), in order to try to be able to machine aluminium.

- For my lathe : carriage stop, leadscrew protection, Compound Clamp, spindle handle (most of them are already nicely described in Steve's Bedair site, you probably know). Improve my milling table usage,

- Later, for milling purpose : make a little study in order to see if there is any chance to be able to build a small steel milling machine (I know most of the people say it's very difficult, but I feel need to have a look), or if I have to "invest" in a manual milling machine like Sieg X2.

I will share and exchange on that subjects when I'll start, but now I am cleaning and storing evrything in my workshop, because that's in fact clearly the main priority. I did'nt have time to do that since several years !

Jon
    Jon is offline Jon has agreed the Seller's Terms of Service
    Administrator
    Supporting Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 39,163 Times in 11,437 Posts
    Hi yves78 - welcome to HomemadeTools.net

You sound highly skilled, and highly busy! Looking forward to seeing your projects.

Thanks
    Hi Jon,

Busy for sure, but mainly due the long list of projects waiting since several years :-)

Skilled, yes and no .. For NC and CAD/CAM it's OK, because it has been my job, but for metal milling and turning, I need to practice. I need for example to learn how to grind my own tools : I don't have any experience on that, and having that skill seems really efficient : nice and accurate finish paths, form tools for pulley grooves, cutting gears ...

Content Editor
    Supporting Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,858 Times in 1,658 Posts
    Welcome to the forums, yves78! That's an interesting project list, and we look forward to seeing them.

186 More Best Homemade Tools eBook

Thread Information