Community for builders of homemade tools
Learn to build your own tools and share them with the world.
Homemade Steady Rest
c.phili on homemadetools.net
Homemade steady rest for a metal lathe machined from a 20mm thick steel plate. The completed rest is capable of accommodating 120mm stock when utilizing rolling fingers. Fixed, brass fingers serve to increase capacity to 150mm.
Rate this build:
LEVEL OF DETAIL (1-5):
Newest Forum Posts
- Adjustable Carriage Feed Stop for...
- Tractor PTO Leyland drop plate.
- Concrete bag lift fail - GIF
- One man Ceiling board holder
- Supporting Long plank to cut.
- Wooden Sawhorses made with no nai...
- Octopus unscrewing jar - GIF
- Trick water faucet - GIF
- Mystery rod banging machine - GIF
- Failed attempt to drill a hole in...
Related Homemade Tools:
Signup for our newsletter and get the 173 Best Homemade Tools eBook free!