Thanks for follow-up on cutting out the window flashing. When you said you cut the window flashing with knife (I though something like an Exacto knife), I could only think of how sore your fingers would be after doing just one side of the car .
The car side looks very good.
Thanks for the update, Paul
Paul Jones (06-07-2016)
Paul Jones (06-08-2016)
Thanks Paul.Here are some hints on my methods of installing small rivets and bolts. I used a popsicle stick to hold the rivets before cutting, turned it over and held, and then used a grinder to cut to size. I used Elmers glue to hold in place. The one photo is to remind that even cnc machines can have a brain fart. In Mastercam, there is a varify screen to see if everything is cutting as programmed. I run that, and if everything looks good, I put it on a floppy and install it on the Anilam controls and run it, without any failures, except on this one. The first copy of the truck frame cut without any errors, but I discovered, as you can see in the picture, the first program, out of seven, the outline which required two depth cuts, the first cut error, about .0265 inches varied from the program, not in the first truck frame, but in the second one. Very interesting, shouldn't have happened, but it did, so all that I am saying is to be aware of rare happenings that could occur. Since I didn't notice it while it was mounted on the machine, 0,0,0, was lost, so I couldn't just fill whith Bondo and recut, so I added a piece of 1/32 ply to repair the pattern, so, there you have it, I am now ready for some wax and then pour some urethane molds.
I poured the truck faces and the frame and everything went well with the exception of some bubble around the bolts in the truck frame, I forgot to drag a toothpick in the holes where the bolt heads are to release any air, but I will next time and also, I used too much spray mold release, caused a rough finish. The frame mold turned out good. I have changed how I pour my molds in that I pour directly on the granite and border the soon to be poured mold with plywood and clamps. Lot easier, also can reuse the plywood borders and comes apart easier. The excess urethane on the table just comes right up in several pulls. I will pour some better truck frames and post them later. Next, tomorrow, I will pour the first part of the roof mold. Bob.
There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)