Free 186 More Best Homemade Tools eBook:  
Get 2,000+ tool plans, full site access, and more.

User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Ball and radius turning attachment

Thanks
    Thanked 2,977 Times in 1,892 Posts

Toolmaker51's Tools
    Go ahead, it's perfectly alright to consider yourself having developed a level of expertise. If you built something that seems to have perfection, for a moment at least you are an expert. When you visualize, study or consult some variety of improvement for that project, the level increases. Maybe not "The" expert, certainly "one of many". When a project is presented to others, and they are inspired to replicate, raises it again.
    There has to be hundreds of HMT.net members with decades of experience. If they really knew everything, would they be here? I've seen it so many times; guys with astounding talents look at a post, wondering and say "Why didn't I think of that?"

I frequently remind folks who participate in these sorts of forms, that I do not regard this [utilizing design and machine tools to make things] as a mere hobby.
    The members who are employed might do this all day, then come home and do some more. Others; lawyers, chefs, dentists or barbers do it to feed a creative mindset.
    But ALL of us use methods and processes that occur in gigantic shops. The only real difference is in scale, and possibly whether profit is a goal. It takes all kinds of motivation to invest, without prospective gains.
    And of all the hobbies; which possesses the ability, locally or worldwide, to reestablish civilization after some kind of catastrophe?

186 More Best Homemade Tools eBook
    Sincerely,
    Toolmaker51
    ...we'll learn more by wandering than searching...

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Toolmaker51 For This Useful Post:

Dimitris Polychronis (Jun 6, 2019)

Supporting Member Dimitris Polychronis's Avatar
    Thanks

Dimitris Polychronis's Tools
    Quote Originally Posted by Toolmaker51 View Post
    Go ahead, it's perfectly alright to consider yourself having developed a level of expertise. If you built something that seems to have perfection, for a moment at least you are an expert. When you visualize, study or consult some variety of improvement for that project, the level increases. Maybe not "The" expert, certainly "one of many". When a project is presented to others, and they are inspired to replicate, raises it again.
    There has to be hundreds of HMT.net members with decades of experience. If they really knew everything, would they be here? I've seen it so many times; guys with astounding talents look at a post, wondering and say "Why didn't I think of that?"

I frequently remind folks who participate in these sorts of forms, that I do not regard this [utilizing design and machine tools to make things] as a mere hobby.
    The members who are employed might do this all day, then come home and do some more. Others; lawyers, chefs, dentists or barbers do it to feed a creative mindset.
    But ALL of us use methods and processes that occur in gigantic shops. The only real difference is in scale, and possibly whether profit is a goal. It takes all kinds of motivation to invest, without prospective gains.
    And of all the hobbies; which possesses the ability, locally or worldwide, to reestablish civilization after some kind of catastrophe?
    I don't know what to say! What you said really inspires me, THANK YOU very much for this!!

Best wishes
    Dimitris

2000 Tool Plans

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dimitris Polychronis For This Useful Post:

soundguy (May 22, 2021), Toolmaker51 (Jun 6, 2019)

Thread Information