Free 173 Best Homemade Tools eBook:  

Thread: Bench top shrinker/ stretcher

Thanks

28Abone's Tools

Bench top shrinker/ stretcher

Hi everyone,
    I built a stand to use my shrinker/ stretcher and didn’t have enough room on the floor to make it work properly so I had to mount them on the bench. First I got some 2x2 square tubing to bolt the shrinker/stretcher to, them made tabs to mount them to the bench.
    Next came some 2x3 tubing under the bench with black pipe to drill holes in the tubing . Then I welded the pipes on the tubing, also made shafts on the petals to fit through the pipes with grease fittings. I used solid bars where the handles used to be. Then got some flat plate and drilled holes in it to take a nut and bolt for the crevice on each end of the threaded rod. Next came the mounting of the petals, with a flat plate on each petal welded and holes drilled to a small plate on the bench the springs were attached. Also the threaded rods as well were mounted. I used 1/8 thick flat plate on the brackets for the project, I used a set of 55 Chevy petals.
    Dennis
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Bench top shrinker/ stretcher-912671f0-71d5-42ec-b9c6-ad41fa06d574.jpg  
    Last edited by 28Abone; 08-03-2019 at 06:08 AM.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to 28Abone For This Useful Post:

Altair (08-04-2019), Jon (08-08-2019)

Content Editor
    Supporting Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,642 Times in 509 Posts

Thanks 28Abone! We've added your Benchtop Shrinker/Stretcher Stand to our Metalworking category,
    as well as to your builder page: 28Abone's Homemade Tools. Your receipt:

Post your reply!
    Join 41,949 of us and get our 173 Must Read Homemade Tools eBook free.

173 Must Read Homemade Tools

Thread Information