Free 186 More Best Homemade Tools eBook:  
Get 2,000+ tool plans, full site access, and more.

User Tag List

Thread: Bulgaria - The Wilderness Years

Thanks

Bulgaria - The Wilderness Years

Hello people

Everyone calls me Miller but on here I'm Stuck-In-Bulgaira - which has some real up sides. Great weather, ultra low cost of living, ultra hot girls with absolutist no concept of sexism or feminism (Seriously, here you are more likely to get a slap across the face for NOT slapping your assistant on the ass and saying how nice it looks in her new jeans. Here girls dress TO be looked at).

BUT the downside is you can buy NOTHING that a normal man would want - apart from lubricant and fixings; there very big on lubricant and fixings.

If you want a 150mm PZ2 bit for your Makita 18v LXT Impact Driver - you import it. If you want a Makita 18v LXT Impact Driver - you steel it of me; its the only one in the country. They only launced the LXT range here last month. Serious. No- really I am serious.......

They do have some Chinese fake tools - i dont mean fakes of brands i mean fake as in they LOOK like a tool but in fact its a fake, a copy of a tool that in no way constitutes a real tool and is more like a TV prop in that it LOOKS exactly the same as the real thing but weighs considerably less and is totally none functional.

In shot - you pretty much have to build everything. But you can not buy components - apart from lubricant and fixings of course - so whilst looking at the items on here, custom made from nice new bits - im thinking where i can scavange a 2hp motor from and which scrapyard has the newest cars in so i can scavange belts and pulleys.

On the upside everyone else is doing the same which does lead to some wonderfull finds. I will soon publish the mother of all frankenstine compressors made from a lorry brake tank, 2 water system pressure vessels and a large Vacuum pump running the wrong way. This I bought for $100 and ripped the vacuum pump of - costed it up at the manufacturers and found out its a €13,000 vacuum pump mostly used for vacuum infusing large yacht hulls etc :-) :-)

The sensible thing to do is sell it and take a year off - but i really want to build a yacht - i really want to build a ----- lots and lots of things and its massive and goes down to 10mb of vacuum - I could vacuum infuse a house with this thing - id have to import the resin and matting and the plastic sheeting and the piping but id be good to go on the mold release agent (lubricant) and final position retention (fixings).

Thats me - most of my posts will be "can anyone think of an alternative to ........... that will work" or similar.

Cheers

I have separated the emoticons into ones you will see me use:

And the ones I will never have use of:

Possibles are:

186 More Best Homemade Tools eBook

Thanks
    Hi Stuck-In-Bulgaria,

Welcome!

So, how'd you come to live in Bulgaria? I bet there's a good story there…

Sounds as though you'll be making quite a few homemade tools. You've definitely arrived at the right place for ideas and assistance, so no worries on that score.

We'll look forward to seeing that monster compressor!

Ken

2000 Tool Plans

Jon
    Jon is online now Jon has agreed the Seller's Terms of Service
    Administrator
    Supporting Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 39,033 Times in 11,404 Posts
    Hi Stuck-In-Bulgaria - welcome to HomemadeTools.net

Good to hear the emoticons are being reviewed; it's always hard to choose the right ones!

Yacht is on my build list too. My long build list

Thanks
    Hi - I got stuck in Bulgaria because I have this obsession that no matter how difficult something is i must succeed

In most people this would be an admirable trait but I manage to take it to an unhealthy compulsive obsessive disorder level where I just wont give in.

Living in Bulgaria is almost completely impossible if you need to make a living. So obviously I could not leave until i had done it. I started a company despite not speaking the language and created a new industry for Bulgaria - brought $20mill a year in export sales into Bulgaria and provided indirectly jobs for 550 Bulgarians. In return my staff defrauded the company out of $250k and strangely the day after I uncovered it i was "mugged" in the evening - beaten with steel bars, pronounced dead at the scene (wrongly - good medical care here) and the staff involves suspiciously vanished of the surface of the earth. For my trouble was left with Brain Damage and in the aftermath the company closed. It was annoying as I was close to declaring it "DONE" and being able to leave.

NOW - Im stuck because i have to re-buid the whole dam thing in order to have not given in. Just to ad a new level of difficulty ontop of the Brain Damage - I have chosen a completely different industry this time.

I did say it was an unhealthy level of determination.

LOL

So - thats how im stuck in bulgaria, on the up side I live 400m from a golden sandy beach, mu office os 500m from the beach and the only thing that separates me and the beach is the "Sea Garden" which is a 400m wide 8km long park that runs round the city between the sea and the city. 8 months of the year this is jammed full of the hottest girls on the planet all locked in a perpetual competition as to who can wear the least and or sexiest clothes, walk in the sexiest way and who can make eating an ice cream look like an illegally explicit act.

So there are upsides.

And my girlfriend is Bulgarian - but she want to leave.

Content Editor
    Supporting Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,857 Times in 1,657 Posts
    Hello Miller, looking forward to seeing that mother of all compressors. Welcome to the forums!

186 More Best Homemade Tools eBook

Thread Information