I knew it was the weak link in my machine but it was working when all of a sudden
things were just out of wack. The cutter kept going deeper and deeper. Thought
the bit was slipping in the collet but that was not it. Finally noticed the maple mount
for the router was cracked. Actually it had separated. Now is the time to get out
that faceplate for the mini lathe. The mill was only used with a mini pallet to put
the 4 grooves in the mount that provide clearance for the pins on the router.
Kinda forces you to fix something that knew you needed to update anyway.
When I built the CNC machine I did not have a lathe or a mill so now there
nothing to keep me from making one out of aluminum.
The pictures tell the story and after one day I have a proper mount for the
Porter Cable router. Cutting will start over tomorrow!