Free 186 More Best Homemade Tools eBook:  
Get 2,000+ tool plans, full site access, and more.

User Tag List

Thread: EVERY WOODWORKERS PRIDE - HIS OWN HOME MADE WORK BENCH WITH VISE

Thanks

kadambi's Tools

EVERY WOODWORKERS PRIDE - HIS OWN HOME MADE WORK BENCH WITH VISE

I wish to share briefly, few details and few pictures of the Workbench, I have built recently. In fact, every woodworker, at some stage, start dreaming of building his own workbench. I was no different. Though, woodworking being my pet hobby, from my childhood and have made several things, using wood in combination with metal and glass to create lasting products for Homes.

My table is almost similar to many such 2" X 4" solid lumber framed Benches, except that i fixed the bottom shelf to the bottom of the frame instead of placing it on top. Now the bottom shelf is in fact a 4 inch deep box of 27”X39”. I would be placing a 4 mm thin lid on this, to protect it from dust. The Bench is not yet fully complete in the sense, I am yet to bore the bench dog holes. For bench dogs, i found nice 3 inch long SS rods of 20mm dia and i would machine it flat on one end for about 5/8”.

Bench Legs are two 2"×4" lumber joined together and all shoulder pieces and cross beams are all 2" X 4"s. The table top is 18 mm plywood doubled up to create a solid 36mm table top and shelf is also made of 18mm ply. Castors are 5” nylon wheels, two of them lockable, to provide stability. Vise is 9” steel cast. Overall dimensions of the finished Workbench, with castors, table top 27" X 48" and height is 35" and bottom shelf is 27" X 39" and table top provides 9" overhang to accommodate the vise.

My 8020 framed MFT table top (shared separately on this Forum)i place it on top of this table, when I need the versatility of the MFT features, otherwise, my workbench is a outfeed table for my HomeMade table saw (shared separately on this Forum) and also functions as an assembly table.

KADAMBI
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails EVERY WOODWORKERS PRIDE - HIS OWN HOME MADE WORK BENCH WITH VISE-1.jpg   EVERY WOODWORKERS PRIDE - HIS OWN HOME MADE WORK BENCH WITH VISE-2.jpg   EVERY WOODWORKERS PRIDE - HIS OWN HOME MADE WORK BENCH WITH VISE-3.jpg   EVERY WOODWORKERS PRIDE - HIS OWN HOME MADE WORK BENCH WITH VISE-4.jpg   EVERY WOODWORKERS PRIDE - HIS OWN HOME MADE WORK BENCH WITH VISE-5.jpg  

186 More Best Homemade Tools eBook

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to kadambi For This Useful Post:

kbalch (Jan 5, 2015), Paul Jones (Jan 5, 2015)

Content Editor
    Supporting Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,850 Times in 1,652 Posts
    I agree, kadambi. A workbench with a vise is the most basic tool one needs in the shop.

2000 Tool Plans

4. The Following User Says Thank You to DIYer For This Useful Post:

kadambi (Jan 5, 2015)

Thanks

kadambi's Tools
    Hi DIYer,

Grateful thanks your feed back on my workbench, details of which i shared. I am sure, i would be enriched by the veterans like you on this forum and enhance my skills. My projects have been basically on design, enriched with features. by integrating positive points of various people and finalize my own design to meet my needs. I wish to pick up few basic skills of metal working & electronics so that i can plan some thing unique.

Wishing you and your family a very happy and healthy new year

KADAMBI

Thanks
    Thanks kadambi! I've added your Woodworker's Workbench to our Workbenches and Woodworking categories, as well as to your builder page: kadambi's Homemade Tools. Your receipt:

7. The Following User Says Thank You to kbalch For This Useful Post:

kadambi (Jan 6, 2015)

Thanks

kadambi's Tools
    hi Kbalch

grateful thanks. It motivates me to know, that what i have done has been found to be worthy of a mention and listing in our Forum.

Kadambi

186 More Best Homemade Tools eBook

Thread Information