I'm not at home where most of my specialty tools are but I found that I had a hub seal going bad and needed changing.
How I found it was I suddenly started losing brake fluid. I had to add a full pint in 200 miles,so upon inspecting I noticed wet on the rt rear when I pulled the drum to change the wheel cylinder and shoes the shoes were way too oily to have been caused from a pint of brake fluid alone and had the distinctive smell of rear end oil.
I pulled the axle only to find I needed one of my special sockets to remove the nut
So I rummaged through some scrap and found a length of 2" pipe Which was just about the right OD to make the socket from all was needed was to grind 4 flats 90° to each other then weld 4 3/16" square pins to fit the notches in the nut.
Digging in my tool box or road tools I decide to sacrifice one of my screw drivers.
this is what I came up with for an in the field made tool.