Free 186 More Best Homemade Tools eBook:  
Get 2,000+ tool plans, full site access, and more.

User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Harbor Freight bead roller upgrade

Thanks
    Thanked 2,977 Times in 1,892 Posts

Toolmaker51's Tools
    Quote Originally Posted by Troll Hunter View Post
    Thanks for your reply, Toolmaker51, and for pointing out that I hadn't included my location in my profile, now updated. I guess I'll look on ebay, etc for a bead roller.

Mike
    I hesitate mentioning brands, websites, or stores unless I find them stellar. But the wide variety of importers and tool houses will have this.
    Easiest way I know is Googling and look at the images page. It will be clear who is selling, posting modifications, and so on. Rollers aren't so specific to one trade; car & bike builders, fabricators, and many trades use light gauge sheet metal...

Then again, all you need is a couple good photos to fabricate one from scratch, scads right here on HMT.net Not all that different from a clothes wringer, two shafts rotate towards each other [ 1 CW, 1 CCW]. Diesets with male & female contours do the work, and beading is just the start.
    Some shafting, frame material, bearings/ bushings, gears [or sprockets & chain] and a handcrank. Instead of buying and modifying, build per the mods others have uncovered! A little planning, could incorporate a motor down the road.

Troll Hunter posts, and I'll bet a large number of other HMT.net'ers lament "...don't have any metal working machines, lathe, miller, or such, so I'm limited to MIG welding and Mr. Grinder!".
    So let's design around commercial components a bead roller that bolts and welds together! That's why we're here, right?

186 More Best Homemade Tools eBook
    Last edited by Toolmaker51; May 2, 2018 at 04:06 AM.
    Sincerely,
    Toolmaker51
    ...we'll learn more by wandering than searching...

Supporting Member
    Thanks
    Many thanks, Toolmaker51, you have opened my eyes to the possibilities. I don't have any metal working machines, lathe, miller, or such, so I'm limited to MIG welding and Mr. Grinder! Even so, I'm an avid recycler and DIYer. I hate to dump anything.

I must obvioudly spread my net wider to find my wishlist tools! I'll keep a'looking.

Mike

2000 Tool Plans

Thanks

Eljorger's Tools
    Harbor Freight bead roller upgrade-20160323_101140_001.jpg this is the only good one I have

186 More Best Homemade Tools eBook

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Eljorger For This Useful Post:

PJs (Aug 31, 2018), thehomeengineer (May 3, 2018)

Thread Information