Over the years I have made several improvements to my horizontal bandsaw to make it more efficient to use. This saw is a Jet 5x6 but the ideas can be used on just about any horizontal bandsaw. Here are some of the key improvements:
1. Better stand with swivel casters
2. Longer and more usable work stop
3. Custom vice handle for quick adjustments, especially when changing angles
4. Tool-less vise adjustment
5. Vise modification for cutting short pieces
6. Angle degree marks on the top side for quick adjusting
7. Two cutting surfaces for using the saw in the vertical position. The small plate stays on the saw all the time. I use it vertically several times a week with this small cutting surface.
8. Upgraded Lennox blade. You get what you pay for in blades.
This is one of the most used machines in the shop.