Free 186 More Best Homemade Tools eBook:  
Get 2,000+ tool plans, full site access, and more.

User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Knurler made in Austria

Supporting Member aphilipmarcou's Avatar
    Thanks

aphilipmarcou's Tools
    Quote Originally Posted by Henri View Post
    Hi guys, interesting post, thank you very much. I use a pressure type simple two-wheel knurler and, frankly, it is a pain in the butt. But what I would love to know about this kit above, what length of cut can it do? I use my little knurler to do motorcycle foot pegs, for example, which means I would have to be able to knurl a length of, say, 180mm and a stock thickness of about 35mm. Would your type of knurler do that?
    Henri,
    For Quick Knurl types the length one can knurl is dependent on the diameter of the work: if it is less than 20mm it can pass through the body of the chuck so there is no limit to work length. Other than that one is limited to the chuck depth plus the length of the "arms" . Unless there is a giant version of this Quick Knurler then you have to stick to the pressure type for those motorcycle foot pegs, I think. The again there might be some sort of quick knurler that fits in the tool post?

186 More Best Homemade Tools eBook

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by aphilipmarcou View Post
    Henri,
    For Quick Knurl types the length one can knurl is dependent on the diameter of the work: if it is less than 20mm it can pass through the body of the chuck so there is no limit to work length. Other than that one is limited to the chuck depth plus the length of the "arms" . Unless there is a giant version of this Quick Knurler then you have to stick to the pressure type for those motorcycle foot pegs, I think. The again there might be some sort of quick knurler that fits in the tool post?
    Hi, yeah, I thought as much. Now I suppose I should apply my mind to figuring out how to make one for the tool post. Aaaaaargh. Pass the headache tablets. But it would be handy to have something that works. The problem I have with the pressure type is that it is hell on my cheap little Chinese lathe and I fear getting run-out sooner than what even a Chinese lathe would normally get.

2000 Tool Plans

Thanks

Okapi's Tools
    Hi,
    If you're interested, you find the actual Quick documentation on my pdf page.
    Have a nice day and a lot of pleasure with this tool, it's really a good system.

Thanks
    Merci beaucoup, Okapi, which one is it? Can you give me the French name?

Thanks

Okapi's Tools
    Hi Henri, it's the first one which is called Catalogue_Quick, if it's not in all languages, I can have certainly other traductions.

You can go to this page too : http://www.quick-tooling.com/en/prod...-knurling.html

And you can see a two wheels monobloc version on a Tripan base on this page : http://www.lecollectionneur.ch/po-tripan/
    Last edited by Okapi; Feb 21, 2017 at 06:07 AM.

Thanks
    No problems Okapi, thank you, I've got it! Very interesting!

186 More Best Homemade Tools eBook

Thread Information