Free 186 More Best Homemade Tools eBook:  
Get 2,000+ tool plans, full site access, and more.

User Tag List

Thread: Loading a boulder onto a pickup truck - GIF

Content Editor
    Supporting Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 29,807 Times in 9,915 Posts

Loading a boulder onto a pickup truck - GIF

186 More Best Homemade Tools eBook

Thanks
    Thanked 8,789 Times in 4,207 Posts

Frank S's Tools
    He now has a 2500 lb boulder in his half ton pickup let's see him get it out of there without destroying it

2000 Tool Plans
    Never try to tell me it can't be done
    When I have to paint I use KBS products

3. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Frank S For This Useful Post:

baja (Apr 27, 2022), clydeman (Apr 26, 2022), mwmkravchenko (Apr 26, 2022)

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Frank S View Post
    He now has a 2500 lb boulder in his half ton pickup let's see him get it out of there without destroying it
    The truck or the boulder? My money says he destroys both.

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to toeless joe For This Useful Post:

Frank S (Apr 26, 2022), mwmkravchenko (Apr 26, 2022)

Thanks

Frank S's Tools
    Quote Originally Posted by toeless joe View Post
    The truck or the boulder? My money says he destroys both.
    Unless he has a real good way to block it and strap it in the bed to prevent any movement he may destroy truck boulder and himself on the way home

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Frank S For This Useful Post:

mwmkravchenko (Apr 26, 2022)

Supporting Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,148 Times in 619 Posts

nova_robotics's Tools
    Can't fix stupid. You can get them to sign a waiver when they come to pick up a pallet of OSB in their Volkswagen.

Loading a boulder onto a pickup truck - GIF-lumber_car_feature.jpg

9. The Following User Says Thank You to nova_robotics For This Useful Post:

mwmkravchenko (Apr 26, 2022)

Thanks

Frank S's Tools
    Quote Originally Posted by nova_robotics View Post
    Can't fix stupid. You can get them to sign a waiver when they come to pick up a pallet of OSB in their Volkswagen.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	lumber_car_feature.jpg 
Views:	83 
Size:	109.7 KB 
ID:	42603
    The thing they don't realize is many of the big box stores will have pickups they can rent. Just leave their car haul the load return the pickup and retrieve their car. Some even have trailers to rent but that would require them to have a vehicle determined to be safe to pull a loaded trailer and the proper hitch on it before the store will rent them a trailer usually an inspection is involved.

Supporting Member
    Thanks

that_other_guy's Tools
    Friggin Idiots!

Supporting Member schuylergrace's Avatar
    Thanks
    When I was in high school, a friend's blowhard dad decided he didn't want to pay to get some gravel delivered, so he went up to the local supplier in his pickup--an early '70s full-size Ford--to get some. When he pulled up to the guy running the front end loader, the loader operator asked how much he wanted, and he said "a scoop would be good." The operator asked, "Are you sure? Will your truck hold that much?" "Yeah, just dump it in there, it will be fine!" Well, the loader operator was no idiot, so he started dribbling the gravel into the truck's bed, but Holloway was in a hurry and didn't have time for him to be farting around. "Just dump it in there!" So, the operator did as he was ordered and the truck slammed all the way down on the suspension stops (breaking them and the shocks), popped both rear tires, and bent the frame. I don't think it helped matters that we were all--except Holloway--laughing so hard we could barely stand up after the shock at what we had just seen wore off. I assume they raked the gravel back out of the truck before it was hauled off to the junkyard.

For topical application, only. Not to be taken internally or used in com-
    bination with other drugs or alcohol, except as directed by your shaman.
    Do not operate heavy equipment, unless you actually know how to.

Thanks

Frank S's Tools
    Quote Originally Posted by schuylergrace View Post
    When I was in high school, a friend's blowhard dad decided he didn't want to pay to get some gravel delivered, so he went up to the local supplier in his pickup--an early '70s full-size Ford--to get some. When he pulled up to the guy running the front end loader, the loader operator asked how much he wanted, and he said "a scoop would be good." The operator asked, "Are you sure? Will your truck hold that much?" "Yeah, just dump it in there, it will be fine!" Well, the loader operator was no idiot, so he started dribbling the gravel into the truck's bed, but Holloway was in a hurry and didn't have time for him to be farting around. "Just dump it in there!" So, the operator did as he was ordered and the truck slammed all the way down on the suspension stops (breaking them and the shocks), popped both rear tires, and bent the frame. I don't think it helped matters that we were all--except Holloway--laughing so hard we could barely stand up after the shock at what we had just seen wore off. I assume they raked the gravel back out of the truck before it was hauled off to the junkyard.
    My dad and I used to regularly drive the 25 miles to the gravel pit in his old 63 Dodge pickup with a 9 ft contractors bed, and haul a load of 1-1/2" crushed rock back to the farm to harden up our 100 ft long driveway we could haul about 2 to 2 1/4cubic yards at a time between 4800 and 6000 lbs per load after about 20 trips. He decided it was time to top the drive way with unwashed pea gravel that stuff was so heavy we couldn't get near as full of a load as the crushed rock washed pea gravel can weigh in around 2900 lbs per yard but unwashed can hit 3500. Our 4th and last load of the pea gravel, he threw caution to the wind and had the loader mound it up in the bed probably close to 3 yards, it was so heavy the springs looked like they were bent backwards so he had the operator lift the back bumper with his bucket and wedged a couple of 4x4 blocks between the axle and the frame it took us 3 hours to get home driving less than 10 miles per hour never getting out of low gear. I was sure glad to get home

186 More Best Homemade Tools eBook

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Frank S For This Useful Post:

schuylergrace (Apr 27, 2022)

Thread Information