Free 186 More Best Homemade Tools eBook:  
Get 2,000+ tool plans, full site access, and more.

User Tag List

Thread: Plasma Table build with motorized torch folding cart L@@K to SEE it.

Supporting Member Captainleeward's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,330 Times in 525 Posts

Captainleeward's Tools

Plasma Table build with motorized torch folding cart L@@K to SEE it.

Plasma Table build with Horizontal motorized torch, folding cart and laser guide line.

Plasma Table build with motorized torch folding cart     L@@K to SEE it.-005.jpgPlasma Table build with motorized torch folding cart     L@@K to SEE it.-008.jpgPlasma Table build with motorized torch folding cart     L@@K to SEE it.-007.jpgPlasma Table build with motorized torch folding cart     L@@K to SEE it.-011.jpgPlasma Table build with motorized torch folding cart     L@@K to SEE it.-026.jpgPlasma Table build with motorized torch folding cart     L@@K to SEE it.-014.jpgPlasma Table build with motorized torch folding cart     L@@K to SEE it.-023.jpgPlasma Table build with motorized torch folding cart     L@@K to SEE it.-002.jpgPlasma Table build with motorized torch folding cart     L@@K to SEE it.-010.jpg

186 More Best Homemade Tools eBook
    Last edited by Captainleeward; Nov 9, 2019 at 01:26 PM.

2. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Captainleeward For This Useful Post:

Andyt (Nov 12, 2019), filipg (Nov 10, 2019), Frank S (Nov 10, 2019), Jon (Nov 10, 2019), mwmkravchenko (Nov 12, 2019), Scotty12 (Nov 17, 2019), that_other_guy (Jan 29, 2022), thehomeengineer (Aug 5, 2021), Toolmaker51 (Nov 15, 2019), Tule (Nov 18, 2019), Tuomas (Nov 10, 2019)

Content Editor
    Supporting Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,852 Times in 1,653 Posts

Thanks Captainleeward! We've added your Plasma Table to our Metalworking category,
    as well as to your builder page: Captainleeward's Homemade Tools. Your receipt:

2000 Tool Plans

4. The Following User Says Thank You to DIYer For This Useful Post:

Captainleeward (Nov 9, 2019)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,837 Times in 507 Posts

Tuomas's Tools
    Beautiful work buddy!

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Tuomas For This Useful Post:

Captainleeward (Nov 10, 2019)

Thanks

Captainleeward's Tools
    Hi Tuomas's Thanks for the Kudos it was fun. This is a liner horizontal cutter only not cnc.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Captainleeward For This Useful Post:

Tuomas (Nov 10, 2019)

Thanks
    Thanked 8,785 Times in 4,206 Posts

Frank S's Tools
    Hi Capt. It seems to me that from this point it might not be such a huge step to make it CNC. A lot would depend on the type and sensitivity to movement the drive motors have. I'm sure there are some electronically savvy gurus on here who could help you out should that ever become your desire.
    none the less it is a great build just the same. I often spend more time setting up straight linear guides to use my plasma torch with than it takes to cut the parts your table reduces that requirement to simply tossing the sheet on the table making sure it is square then positioning the gantry or the torch at the desired position and making the x or y cut. Thanks for shareing.
    Never try to tell me it can't be done
    When I have to paint I use KBS products

Thanks

Captainleeward's Tools
    Hi Frank what no fire storm ha ha ha ,,,All these parts you see were made for a cnc build but the whole thing came to an end when the motor controllers didn't work with the motors, so I repurposed it as you see it now. It works soo good now I can cut 1/4 x 6 inch bar as quick as 30 seconds which took my band saw 15 minutes and some times would derail the blade with missing teeth.. oh oh no. I am going to make some hole guides to cut circles and squares, rectangles of different sizes so i can cut them by hand. I will also make a jig that will allow me to cut 45* for square tubing by cutting a larger size tube and use it for a pattern.
    thanks for you comments Frank and as always thanks for L@@KING Bye for now..Cap.
    Last edited by Captainleeward; Nov 16, 2019 at 12:11 AM.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Captainleeward For This Useful Post:

Tuomas (Nov 12, 2019)

Thanks
    Thanked 2,980 Times in 1,893 Posts

Toolmaker51's Tools
    Cap'n, you knocked this out of the park.
    Plasma cutting interested me soon as it came out. Haven't used CNC version; I think my requirements will be quite similar to yours, linear cutting, mitering and internal cuts most of all. Use of laser to trace patterns makes this perfect; contouring and intersections benefit.
    To me, same idea on a miter saw is just silly.
    Sincerely,
    Toolmaker51
    ...we'll learn more by wandering than searching...

Thanks

Captainleeward's Tools
    Hay toolmaker 51 how ya been? Nice to hear from you. I just bought a new cnc plasma cutting machine Ill be putting it up in a few days....Cap.

186 More Best Homemade Tools eBook

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Captainleeward For This Useful Post:

that_other_guy (Jan 29, 2022), Toolmaker51 (Nov 16, 2019)

Thread Information