Free 186 More Best Homemade Tools eBook:  
Get 2,000+ tool plans, full site access, and more.

User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Powerful bass shatters windshield - GIF

Supporting Member
    Thanks

old kodger's Tools
    Quote Originally Posted by Frank S View Post
    It really doesn't matter that only the windscreen shattered as long as the low frequency of the deep base caused sterility preventing procreation
    We should be so lucky. You often find in mentally impaired people the most powerful thing that they have is a sex drive.

186 More Best Homemade Tools eBook

Supporting Member mwmkravchenko's Avatar
    Thanks
    Yeah. I like realistically loud bass. And realistic includes reproducing monstrous pipe organs that can shake your house. But this, well, this is nothing but idiocy. More money than brains. And yes It really does damage your hearing but these people are invincible until they find out that they are not.

I work in designing some of this stuff and it makes me feel sad. This kind of hearing abuse doesn't go away. It will catch up. And often the type of damage no hearing aid will ever restore it.

I rewrote what I first called this guy. I save the little words for the ones that truly deserve it. This guy half deserves it.

2000 Tool Plans

Supporting Member
    Thanks

old kodger's Tools
    Quote Originally Posted by mwmkravchenko View Post
    Yeah. I like realistically loud bass. And realistic includes reproducing monstrous pipe organs that can shake your house. But this, well, this is nothing but idiocy. More money than brains. And yes It really does damage your hearing but these people are invincible until they find out that they are not.

I work in designing some of this stuff and it makes me feel sad. This kind of hearing abuse doesn't go away. It will catch up. And often the type of damage no hearing aid will ever restore it.

I rewrote what I first called this guy. I save the little words for the ones that truly deserve it. This guy half deserves it.
    I spent many years as a semi-professional bass player, often standing a couple of feet away from a 20" cymbal, all night, my right ear doesn't work so good any more, the left one only slightly better. I knew 40 years ago that I could barely discern frequencies above 8000cyls.

Thanks

NortonDommi's Tools
    1/2 bricks lobbed about elbow height are effective against these idiots driving past your house in the wee hours.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to NortonDommi For This Useful Post:

mwmkravchenko (Jan 7, 2022)

Supporting Member mwmkravchenko's Avatar
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by old kodger View Post
    I spent many years as a semi-professional bass player, often standing a couple of feet away from a 20" cymbal, all night, my right ear doesn't work so good any more, the left one only slightly better. I knew 40 years ago that I could barely discern frequencies above 8000cyls.
    I played French Horn for 6 years in school. Played in the traditional spot at the back and because of only being the only one I was moved to the front. Being in front of large cymbals is bloody loud. People who have not experienced it have no idea. It amazes me still the power that breath, vibrating strings and hitting things can produce.

Nice to know a musician is in the ranks.

I still fool around on the trumpet. Can do things that most kids in high school are scared of even trying.

But I am nowhere near the level I was 35 years ago.

And cannot afford a Fench Horn worth playing on. The cheap ones are not something that ever sounds good.

Supporting Member
    Thanks

old kodger's Tools
    Quote Originally Posted by mwmkravchenko View Post
    I played French Horn for 6 years in school. Played in the traditional spot at the back and because of only being the only one I was moved to the front. Being in front of large cymbals is bloody loud. People who have not experienced it have no idea. It amazes me still the power that breath, vibrating strings and hitting things can produce.

Nice to know a musician is in the ranks.

I still fool around on the trumpet. Can do things that most kids in high school are scared of even trying.

But I am nowhere near the level I was 35 years ago.

And cannot afford a Fench Horn worth playing on. The cheap ones are not something that ever sounds good.

I lived "out in the bay" on my own boat for 6-7 years and because they swing on an anchor, TV is not worth watching, so when I was not on a gig, I sat at "home" and played a mandolin may be up to 4 hours a night. It's interesting to note that very often I recognized my performance as inspired, and other times as just a good technician. However like you I now have to sadly admit to not being a good musician's shirt tail. I suppose that practice 4 hours a night might fix that but after an hour or two the motivation is not there. I'm too bloody old to go gigging anymore.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to old kodger For This Useful Post:

mwmkravchenko (Jan 7, 2022)

Supporting Member Skun Knuckles's Avatar
    Thanks

Skun Knuckles's Tools
    I was hoping to see a fishing video as well.

186 More Best Homemade Tools eBook
    When I was young and poor I learnt a trade, and after many years of hard work I’m not young anymore.

Thread Information