Free 186 More Best Homemade Tools eBook:  
Get 2,000+ tool plans, full site access, and more.

User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Quick Shelves / Bin Racks

Supporting Member frugalolegeezer's Avatar
    Thanks

frugalolegeezer's Tools
    Had one just like it but had to stop wood working because of health reasons. Dust got to bothering me so got into leather work and repairing sewing machines mostly older ones. Just love to take an old crusty non working machine and getting it sewing again after many years of neglect.. Some of these machines are over a hundred years old and still working. I did not realize their were so many brands of machines made and the craftsmanship that went into them is amazing. Well keep on keeping on.

186 More Best Homemade Tools eBook

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by frugalolegeezer View Post
    I did not realize their were so many brands of machines made and the craftsmanship that went into them is amazing. Well keep on keeping on.
    Built by the "Greatest Generation of All Time" when men had heart and soul and sacrificed for the greater good. It saddens me to the bone to have lived long enough to see how far America has progressed and then let it all slip away for the root of all evil. Saddens me indeed.

2000 Tool Plans

Thanks

carl blum's Tools
    Hi:

I'm not good at fixing sewing machines, but I do like to sew. I had an Singer Treadle machine that was fun, just wish it had reverse and zig-zag. One of my friends worked for Singer in his early years. The first good machine I had was a green Ilna free arm. I still have it but the shop said it needed a new belt and that was too hard to change. But I found a newer Ilna that runs good. Then there is the Singer upholstery machine with a clutch and a newer Brother. Mostly I put patches on my workshop clothes.

I'm trying to use dust masks when I sand or cut certain materials.

Take care, Carl.

186 More Best Homemade Tools eBook

Thread Information