Free 186 More Best Homemade Tools eBook:  
Get 2,000+ tool plans, full site access, and more.

User Tag List

Thread: Changing supermarket shelf sections - GIF

Supporting Member
    Thanks

Changing supermarket shelf sections - GIF

Changing supermarket shelf sections.

Previously:

Bookshelf with sliding divider - GIF
    Foldaway wall shelf table - GIF
    Hidden kitchen cabinet shelf - GIF
    Library shelf moving trolley - photo

2,000+ Tool Plans

Thanks

Ralphxyz's Tools
    Have to have a lot of empty space first.

2,000+ Tool Plans

Thanks

Bony's Tools
    Being a born cynic I thing shelves are deliberately reorganised so you'll spend more time looking and therefore more likely to impulse purchase something unintended. Must upset the shelf restocking staff almost as much as regular shoppers. Any marketing guys like to comment?

Thanks

desbromilow's Tools
    Quote Originally Posted by Bony View Post
    Being a born cynic I thing shelves are deliberately reorganised so you'll spend more time looking and therefore more likely to impulse purchase something unintended. Must upset the shelf restocking staff almost as much as regular shoppers. Any marketing guys like to comment?
    sorta agree - but not quite. I'm NOT marketing, but I asked about when I used to stack shelves, and the official answer from the management at the time (woolies back when the 'store within a store concept was being rolled through) was that customers liked the store to look "fresh" and "evolving" - so they had to move things around enough to make the store look like it was constantly moving stock (nothing ancient on the shelves - dead stock creates an image they don't want), but still familiar enough to allow people to find the aisle they needed quickly.
    Then couple in the impact of suppliers "buying" shelf space (ie Coke would buy so many shelves, at certain locations (close to front of store, certain heights), etc) and that might prompt some shuffling to accomodate the contracted frontage. similarly, if a supplier hadn't kept up their contract, we (shelf stackers) were instructed to remove their stock to a small frontage shelf at the lowest level, and replace their prime location with house brand stock until the frontage was reallocated. That didn't happen too often, but we always had to be careful we didn't give too much shelf space to coke, when pepsi might complain, etc.

2,000+ Tool Plans
    Last edited by desbromilow; May 30, 2024 at 05:02 PM. Reason: typos

Thread Information