Free 186 More Best Homemade Tools eBook:  
Get 2,000+ tool plans, full site access, and more.

User Tag List

Thread: Train smashes into semi truck - GIF

Content Editor
    Supporting Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 29,821 Times in 9,923 Posts

186 More Best Homemade Tools eBook

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Altair For This Useful Post:

nova_robotics (Aug 5, 2023)

Supporting Member
    Thanks
    In the 30 years I was in law enforcement, I never saw a car, or truck, be it a semi or whatever win against a train. Why do people cross in front of a train?

2000 Tool Plans
    Last edited by tlnixon; Aug 3, 2023 at 03:41 PM. Reason: typo

Thanks
    Thanked 8,789 Times in 4,207 Posts

Frank S's Tools
    Quote Originally Posted by tlnixon View Post
    Why do people cross in front of a train?
    In my never humble opinion. There is only so much intelligence available in the entire universe. and everyone has to draw from the pool. for every super genius there are probably 1000 lower to mid-level geniuses. for each one of them there is probably 10,000 of high average intelligence. for each of them probably 100,000 low averages. I imagine it goes downhill from there going from dumb to, stupid to barely aware. Ther earth passed 8 billion some time already this year. with each new person born the lower the chances of one of their generations, reaching average level let alone anything higher. The longer people live the lower rate of replenishment to the pool of inelegance, which causes more and more bottom levels to be born.
    Never try to tell me it can't be done
    When I have to paint I use KBS products

Thanks
    Thanked 6,398 Times in 2,119 Posts

mklotz's Tools
    Quote Originally Posted by Frank S View Post
    In my never humble opinion. There is only so much intelligence available in the entire universe. and everyone has to draw from the pool. for every super genius there are probably 1000 lower to mid-level geniuses. for each one of them there is probably 10,000 of high average intelligence. for each of them probably 100,000 low averages. I imagine it goes downhill from there going from dumb to, stupid to barely aware. Ther earth passed 8 billion some time already this year. with each new person born the lower the chances of one of their generations, reaching average level let alone anything higher. The longer people live the lower rate of replenishment to the pool of inelegance, which causes more and more bottom levels to be born.
    The standard deviation of the normal IQ distribution is a surprisingly small 15 points.

68% of the people lie within one standard deviation of the 100 mean; 34% between 85 and 100 and 34% between 100 and 115
    14% of the people lie between one and two standard deviations from the 100 mean; 14% between 70 and 85 and 14% between 115 and 130
    2% of the people lie between two and three standard deviations from the 100 mean; 2% between 55 and 70 and 2% between 130 and 145

I've rounded to integer percentages so it appears that 100% of the population lies within ± 45 points of the mean. There are, however, people who lie beyond the edges but they are very rare, less than 0.2%. Furthermore, the ability of IQ tests to measure accurately at those extremes is very suspect.

186 More Best Homemade Tools eBook
    ---
    Regards, Marv

Home Shop Freeware
    https://www.myvirtualnetwork.com/mklotz

Thread Information