Quote Originally Posted by hemmjo View Post
PTO shaft locked up, clutch should have slipped. The PTO clutch most certainly would have saved that shaft.
Well, your admonishment of the fellow who wadded his pto is noted, but he ain't reading this thread.

Also, the clutch goes after the second U joint, and when this mower is placed in transport mode, the second U joint is folded so it won't work as a U joint anymore. The clutch doesn't work for this type of mower - which swings 90 degrees for transport. He has it in transport mode in the video.

I checked on mine today since I was out mowing (though not with the PZ mower) and my PZ has neither a sheer pin nor a clutch. This guy's mower is possibly a PZ or more likely it is an asian knockoff of the PZ mower. Either way, it does not have anything to save the PTO.

As for getting stuff jammed between heads, this style mower doesn't seem get jammed. I've had my mower for more than 25 years and I used it mostly for clearing ditches. I ran it though all kinds of brush, roots, stumps, rocks, etc... I beat it up. It never jammed. If it had too big a thing to pass through the rotating drums, the breakaway feature took over. I lost plenty a knife, but never a jam.