Mostly just a a quick goof-around project. I wanted to make one of these lopsided metalworking mallets and find out whether I could chuck the bat securely enough on my South Bend lathe to turn it without damaging the wood too badly. The material donor was an apparently collectible T-ball bat that I found at Goodwill. The other mallet is the leftover from the first one.
As usual, I set an arbitrary and artificial limitation, which on this project was to preserve as much of the original finish as possible.
The wedge is a piece of some exotic hardwood scrap. No idea what it is.
I goofed on the handle and ended up with that gap near the wedge. Meh. It'll still work.
Last edited by sossol; 02-12-2016 at 06:36 PM.
There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)