Community for builders of homemade tools
Learn to build your own tools and share them with the world.
Homemade Hot Wire Cutter
Homemade hot wire cutter for polystyrene foam. Consists of a 300 mm square table, a column with two arms, and a 36 SWG nichrome wire. Runs on 240v mains with a 12 volt transformer connected to the hot wire. Column arms are insulated by a plastic collar. Accessories include fence, circle cutting jig, and sliding square made from MDF.
Rate this build:
Newest Forum Posts
- Vladimir Lenin's 1922 Rolls Royce...
- An SLT camera disassembled - photo
- Improving the Harbor Freight Dril...
- Ride-on trowels - GIF
- DIY Lab Bench Power Supply
- Popcorn canon - video
- Samurai sasumatas stop knife-wiel...
- Childrens dining suite
- Ruppert Archaeopteryx glider - GIF
- Early 1900s bicycle ambulance - p...
Related Homemade Tools:
Signup for our newsletter and get the 173 Best Homemade Tools eBook free!