Free 186 More Best Homemade Tools eBook:  
Get 2,000+ tool plans, full site access, and more.

User Tag List

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: A new type of bench vise (Homemade prototype)

Jon
    Jon is offline Jon has agreed the Seller's Terms of Service
    Administrator
    Supporting Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 38,850 Times in 11,341 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Esak76 View Post
    Thanks Jon ! and all people ! you are quick and helpful.! I'll tell you something, last week I tried to send links two us forums and one canada forum,I was removed right away, they told me "you never come back here". That reason I start slowly and carefully.
    And according to current information, this is the first these type of bench vise,nobody has show me any publication yet which would prevent the patent from to me.One tool, two functions. I am grateful if someone can find it.
    Someone posting their new invention on a forum is very different from someone posting blatant spam. Some forums understand this, some don't.

We have thousands of websites listed, ordered by the number of homemade tools we found on them: Homemade Tools Websites . You can use that list to find more forums on which to post. Be aware that there is a common cognitive bias that frequently surfaces as a result of internet conversations, especially if you are cross-posting to many communities: Negativity bias. In online interactions, this means that the negative discussions will impact you far more than the positive ones, even though the positive (and neutral) discussions vastly outnumber the negative discussions. Numerically, the internet is a very happy and positive environment.

186 More Best Homemade Tools eBook

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Jon For This Useful Post:

Esak76 (Jan 25, 2018)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,839 Times in 507 Posts

Tuomas's Tools
    Sorry for using Finnish, but because we are both from Finland, i tought its better to write in Finnish.

Moro.

Oletko ollut yhteydessä keksintösäätiöön ruuvipenkistäsi, ja tehnyt keksintöilmoituksen? Uskoisin että saat sieltä apua ja oikeita neuvoja kuinka edetä.

Haluaisitko saada youtube kanavallesi lisää näkyvyyttä?
    Voisin jakaa tuon esittelyvideosi kanavallani ja lisätä linkit videoihisi joissa ruuvipenkkiä käsittelet.
    Poistaisin tietysti mainostuen lataamastani videosta ja saisit ennakkoon katsoa ja hyväksyä sen. Miten vain haluat.

2000 Tool Plans

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Tuomas For This Useful Post:

Esak76 (Jan 25, 2018)

Supporting Member
    Thanks
    I would recommend you also incorporate a good strong grip on round objects. I made a vise out of steel 40 years ago that wont bend or spread open, it served me well still have it on my work bench today

6. The Following User Says Thank You to G.Paul For This Useful Post:

Esak76 (Jan 25, 2018)

Thanks
    Thanked 2,981 Times in 1,893 Posts

Toolmaker51's Tools
    Quote Originally Posted by Esak76 View Post
    Hello everyone,do you thing this tool would be useful in your garage or work place? This is good helper to garage,welding,cutting,
    tapping,repairing and many other kind of work, much more opportunities than the old school vise gives.Production has not yet begun.
    If you are interested then look at my tube channel Esak76
    I'm late but onboard! Watched 1st video, so far. First off, I rarely sit through a 10 minute youtube. This had me all the way. Intriguing enough, and the versatility is evident, but I wasn't quite hooked; until shot clamped on a crankshaft. THAT did it for me.
    Oh, and the spring loaded swivel latch, don't think anyone's ever done that. Absolutely Brilliant!

A couple suggestions. In video, use a sturdy, anchored pedestal, the vise will look better not shaking when you hit parts. Offer a pedestal for sale with it, not everyone has fabrication and welding equipment.
    I see replaceable hard-jaws are suggested by Frank S; I second that [by edit], part & parcel of a machinist type vise. 1 set smooth, 1 scored. Machinists use smooth jaws, traditional metal work appreciate gripping power of checkered jaws. Snap-in pipe jaws for the front are another possibility.
    On the fence on best width of horizontal jaws. There's been times I wanted to grip by the interior...horizontal sure WAY easier to load heavy parts single handed.
    It might suit your customers to offer this as a heavy duty non swivel. On a post, both sides are accessible enough. Others could opt for a swivel, that latch really is a winner.
    And make sure no one bolts it to a bench, that would be a total waste.
    Last edited by Toolmaker51; Jan 19, 2018 at 04:40 AM. Reason: details.
    Sincerely,
    Toolmaker51
    ...we'll learn more by wandering than searching...

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Toolmaker51 For This Useful Post:

Esak76 (Jan 25, 2018)

Thanks
    Thanked 8,789 Times in 4,207 Posts

Frank S's Tools
    Definitely needs to be pedestal mounted. Needs bolted on hard jaws and wider back jaws. I particularly like the length of the support under the movable front jaw. but it looks like filings and debris can be trapped between the jaw support and the bottom part of the movable front jaw adding a protrusion to cover the support would solve this but may create other problems since a grove along each side in the main body to allow for the protrusion to slide into would be necessary
    All in all a nice vise. I wouldn't care for a gymble type mount except for a small light duty model though
    Never try to tell me it can't be done
    When I have to paint I use KBS products

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Frank S For This Useful Post:

Esak76 (Jan 25, 2018)

Supporting Member
    Thanks
    -->Esak76
    Great invention. I would buy one also. Sadly I think the freight to Australia would be out of this world.....
    How does the swivel base latch engage?
    If you could showcase that the latch is solid and secure in your video that also would be a good marketing point

Cheers Phil

12. The Following User Says Thank You to 12bolts For This Useful Post:

Esak76 (Jan 25, 2018)

Supporting Member LMMasterMariner's Avatar
    Thanks

LMMasterMariner's Tools
    Sturdy, heavy duty, definitely one which I would like to have in 6" size.
    Cheers,
    LMMasterMariner

14. The Following User Says Thank You to LMMasterMariner For This Useful Post:

Esak76 (Jan 25, 2018)

Jon
    Jon is offline Jon has agreed the Seller's Terms of Service
    Administrator
    Supporting Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 38,850 Times in 11,341 Posts
    Congratulations Esak76 - your Bench Vise is the Homemade Tool of the Week!

Great win on your very first post! Over 173 weeks, yours is our 6th winning vise. Here are the previous winners:

Engraver's Bowl Vise by Christophe Mineau
    Toolmaker's Vise by rossbotics
    Table Vise by brianhw
    Rod and Tubing Vise by Tuomas
    Sensitive Drill Press Vise by rossbotics

We also have 534 vises listed in our Homemade Vises Category.

Yet another big week around here. Some nice picks:

Wood Lathe by Eloy Workshop
    Dutch Key by thehomeengineer
    Twybil by Philip Davies
    Spline Cutting Method by thehomeengineer
    Can Crusher by ibdilbert
    Clutched Tapping Head by thehomeengineer
    Foundry Burner by celsoari
    Split Die Setup by thehomeengineer
    Tank Level Indicator by garage nut
    Grinder Tool Rest by celsoari
    Lathe Saddle Stop by tonyfoale
    Milling Machine Quill DRO by thehomeengineer
    Truss Plate Press by nanoplane

Esak76 - we've added your tool entry to our All Homemade Tool of the Week winners post. And, you'll now notice the wrench-on-pedestal award in the awards showcase in your postbit, visible beneath your username:

You'll be receiving a $25 online gift card, in your choice of Amazon, PayPal, or bitcoin. Please PM me your current email address and gift card choice and I'll get it sent over right away.

Congratulations and well done!

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Jon For This Useful Post:

Esak76 (Jan 25, 2018)

Supporting Member thehomeengineer's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,070 Times in 407 Posts

thehomeengineer's Tools
    Congratulations Esak76
    A well worthy winner of tool of the week and good luck in getting it to market.
    One question I do have, is this going to remain a fabrication or are you thinking of going down the cast steel route?
    Well done again
    The Home Engineer

18. The Following User Says Thank You to thehomeengineer For This Useful Post:

Esak76 (Jan 25, 2018)

Thanks

Esak76's Tools
    Thanks thanks! Prototype is welded steel but now I thinking cast steel route, because must be a strong and make a lot.

20. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Esak76 For This Useful Post:

rudy3rd (Jan 22, 2018), thehomeengineer (Jan 21, 2018), will52100 (Jan 22, 2018)

Thread Information