Free 186 More Best Homemade Tools eBook:  
Get 2,000+ tool plans, full site access, and more.

User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Two stroke engine animation - GIF

Supporting Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,144 Times in 617 Posts

nova_robotics's Tools
    Quote Originally Posted by mwmkravchenko View Post
    Both Milwaukee and Makita make really good quality cordless stuff that will easily replace corded.
    In years gone by the greedy morons designing these things used a different battery on every tool, so nothing was interchangeable and you'd have to continually replace expensive batteries. Someone grew a brain cell and realized that if they made the batteries across a brand interoperable, you'd suck people into your ecosystem of tools. I was resisting moving to battery op for ages because I had experience with older technology and thought they were junk. Then I bought a single Ryobi tool at Home Depot and, due to the sunk cost fallacy, now own a whole bunch of Ryobi battery op tooling.

186 More Best Homemade Tools eBook

Supporting Member mwmkravchenko's Avatar
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by nova_robotics View Post
    In years gone by the greedy morons designing these things used a different battery on every tool, so nothing was interchangeable and you'd have to continually replace expensive batteries. Someone grew a brain cell and realized that if they made the batteries across a brand interoperable, you'd suck people into your ecosystem of tools. I was resisting moving to battery op for ages because I had experience with older technology and thought they were junk. Then I bought a single Ryobi tool at Home Depot and, due to the sunk cost fallacy, now own a whole bunch of Ryobi battery op tooling.
    Yep. I am not that young. I have been burned by Skill who made a great drill in the 80's, Dewalt that chose to change batteries like some change underwear, and Rigid. Rigid burned me on their 24 volt system. Worked marvelously. But discontinued. I ran Ryobi when they were quality tools and then Home despot bought them out and cheapoed the whole line. I switched to Makita. Been using battery products since 1982. They have come an awfully long way.

Makita has had the same 18 volt battery system for 20 years. I'm in!

THe long four letter word tirade

2000 Tool Plans

3. The Following User Says Thank You to mwmkravchenko For This Useful Post:

nova_robotics (Nov 13, 2021)

Thread Information