Free 186 More Best Homemade Tools eBook:  
Get 2,000+ tool plans, full site access, and more.

User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Nonius 1/40 an Drehmaschinen Oberschlitten.

Thanks

2gsg2_muc's Tools

Lightbulb Nonius 1/40 an Drehmaschinen Oberschlitten.

Ich habe mich immer gesträubt den Oberschlitten der Drehmaschine zum Konusdrehen zu verstellen, da das Einmessen zeitaufwendig ist. Meine Idee war nun einen Nonius zu machen, welcher wie bei einer Schiebelehre einfach und genau abzulesen ist. Um die maximale Auflösung zu erreichen, habe ich wegen der Enge die Größe 1/40 gewählt. Wegen der Rundung und wenig Platz sowie der Möglichkeit in beide Drehrichtungen zu verstellen ist die Ablesung der 1/100 Position jedoch von der Aussenseite notwendig, weshalb der Nonius in der Nullstellung Mitte nach links oder rechts mit dem Wert 9 beginnt und am Ende mit ebenfalls 0, 1, .... beginnt und dann zur Mitte mit 9, 0 aufhört. Die Einrichtung ist recht einfach, da an der Stelle der vorhandenen Winkelmarkierung jetzt die Mitte des Nonius angebracht wird. Zur Kontrolle der Aussenseite muss die dortige 0 Markierung mit dem Wert 39 der Winkeleinstellung auf beiden Seiten übereinstimmen.

Die Maschine ist eine CJM250 mit Getriebe und Digitalanzeige. Hier ist ein Bild des Einabus. Oberhalb der Noniusanzeige ist der Messstab für die Digitalanzeige sichtbar.

Nonius 1/40 an Drehmaschinen Oberschlitten.-nonius-oberschlitten.jpg

Nonius 1/40 an Drehmaschinen Oberschlitten.-nonius.jpg

Ein Gesundes Erfolgreiches Jahr wünscht euch Günter

186 More Best Homemade Tools eBook

2. The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to 2gsg2_muc For This Useful Post:

BuffaloJohn (Jan 5, 2023), byates (Jan 5, 2023), freddo4 (Jan 5, 2023), Home-PC (Jan 5, 2023), Inflight (Jan 6, 2023), Inner (Jan 4, 2023), Jon (Jan 5, 2023), mwmkravchenko (Jan 5, 2023), nova_robotics (Jan 8, 2023), Ram50V8 (Jan 6, 2023), Sleykin (Jan 5, 2023), techcollect (Jan 9, 2023), Toolmaker51 (Jan 9, 2023)

Supporting Member Occasional machinist's Avatar
    Thanks

Occasional machinist's Tools
    Nicely done. I did something similar on my Mill head some time ago.
    Nonius 1/40 an Drehmaschinen Oberschlitten.-c0882-frame-0m4s.jpg
    I was about to ask if the vernier scale position can be adjusted, but from the slots on it, I'm guessing it can.

Michael

2000 Tool Plans

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Occasional machinist For This Useful Post:

Home-PC (Jan 5, 2023), mwmkravchenko (Jan 5, 2023)

Thanks

2gsg2_muc's Tools
    Danke für die Bewertung,
    ich hätte auch lieber eine gefräste oder gelaserte Skala gehabt, dies war jedoch bei den teuren Angeboten nicht möglich. Da ich in der Elektrik zuhause war und kurz vor Weihnachten auf die Idee kam das ganze über eine billige Leiterplatte zu realisieren. Die Präzision einer Leiterplatte ist für meine Zecke völlig ausreichend. Ich versuche noch den Kontrast über einen schwarzen Lötstopplack zu verbessern. Die verwendeten Muster also Gradskala 0 bis 45 in beide richtungen und der Nonius 1/40 schlugen mit jeweils 10 Euro zu Buche. Die Skalen habe ich mit AUTOCAD entworfen und dann in EAGLE importiert um die Fertigungsdaten für die Leiterplatten zu bekommen.

Servus aus München

6. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to 2gsg2_muc For This Useful Post:

Carnel (Jan 7, 2023), Inflight (Jan 6, 2023), Ram50V8 (Jan 6, 2023), Toolmaker51 (Jan 9, 2023)

Jon
    Jon is online now Jon has agreed the Seller's Terms of Service
    Administrator
    Supporting Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 38,860 Times in 11,343 Posts
    You can translate this thread with the "Select Language" dropdown at the bottom of the page.

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Jon For This Useful Post:

BuffaloJohn (Jan 5, 2023), Inflight (Jan 6, 2023), Sleykin (Jan 5, 2023)

Supporting Member TrickieDickie's Avatar
    Thanks
    Great tip, Jon. I had no idea!

Supporting Member mwmkravchenko's Avatar
    Thanks
    Translated. My German is much to rusty to get this all correct.

I've always resisted adjusting the top slide of the lathe for cone turning because the calibration is time-consuming. My idea was to make a nonius, which can be read easily and precisely like a caliper. In order to achieve the maximum resolution, I chose the size 1/40 because of the narrowness. Due to the rounding and little space as well as the possibility to adjust in both directions of rotation, the reading of the 1/100 position is necessary from the outside, which is why the vernier starts with the value 9 in the zero position in the middle to the left or right and also ends with 0 , 1, .... and then ends in the middle with 9, 0. Setup is fairly easy as the center of the vernier scale is now placed in the place of the existing angle mark. To check the outside, the 0 marking there must match the value 39 of the angle setting on both sides.

The machine is a CJM250 with gearbox and digital display. Here is a picture of the Einabus. The measuring rod for the digital display is visible above the vernier display.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to mwmkravchenko For This Useful Post:

nova_robotics (Jan 8, 2023)

Content Editor
    Supporting Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,853 Times in 1,654 Posts

Thanks 2gsg2_muc! We've added your Lathe Nonius to our Lathe Accessories category,
    as well as to your builder page: 2gsg2_muc's Homemade Tools. Your receipt:

Thanks

BuffaloJohn's Tools
    After reading the translation and learning that this is a circuit board, that is brilliant!

Jon
    Jon is online now Jon has agreed the Seller's Terms of Service
    Administrator
    Supporting Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 38,860 Times in 11,343 Posts
    Congratulations 2gsg2_muc - your Lathe Nonius is the Homemade Tool of the Week!

A nice addition to a lathe, and an especially clever use of a circuit board.

Some more good builds from this week:

End Mill Extension Sleeve by nova_robotics
    Round Stock Cutting Method by Occasional machinist
    Electric Scissor Lift by Metalgeria
    Pin Chuck by Evgeniy Budilov
    Vise Improvements by dgbreggin
    Table Saw Modification by diy creative crafts
    Washer Stamping Jig by JKeetonKnives
    Mini Roller Bender by orioncons36
    Vise Grip Rack by mr_modify1
    Pin Vise by morsa
    Nutcracker by Philip Davies
    Lift Table by carl blum

2gsg2_muc - we've added your tool entry to our All Homemade Tool of the Week winners post. And, you'll now notice the wrench-on-pedestal award in the awards showcase in your postbit, visible beneath your username:

You've also been granted free lifetime Supporting Member status. I've cancelled your paid membership, and setup your free lifetime membership.

And, you'll be receiving a $100 online gift card, in your choice of Amazon (US-only), PayPal, or bitcoin. Please PM me your current email address and award choice and I'll get it sent over right away.

Nice work!

Thanks

2gsg2_muc's Tools

Lightbulb

Hello, I dit not ecpect to receive such a rating for a little help for easier adjustment of my upper carriage of my lathe. There is also alittle improvement for the scales, because the use of the nonius is for bpth directions I shortend the marks at both sides of the 0 for easier reading and a little expanation for reading the scale and also the numbers for the angle extented by the degree sign. The Paypal account is the same as for the log in.

Nonius 1/40 an Drehmaschinen Oberschlitten.-nonius-test.jpg

Thank you very much.

Thread Information