Free 186 More Best Homemade Tools eBook:  
Get 2,000+ tool plans, full site access, and more.

User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Center Punch Guide

Jon
    Jon is offline Jon has agreed the Seller's Terms of Service
    Administrator
    Supporting Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 38,838 Times in 11,336 Posts
    Congratulations rossbotics - your Center Punch and Guide is the Homemade Tool of the Week!

Some nice picks from this week: a Brake Turning Tool by darkoford, a Small Parts Finger Plate by Brendon, HF Crane Mounts by Viny, a Camera Stand by Serra Cabo, Pulley Removal Tools by TexBuxer, a Diamond Toolholder Adapter by rgsparber, and a HF Wire Twisting Pliers Modification by rgsparber.

rossbotics - you'll be receiving a $25 online gift card, in your choice of Amazon, PayPal, Giftrocket, or bitcoin. Please PM me your current email address and gift card choice and I'll get it sent over right away.

This is your 17th Tool of the Week win! Nobody has yet claimed the 25-Time Homemade Tool of the Week Award (all winners are viewable here); it's probably the most difficult award for DIYers to win on the net right now, but you're creeping up on it. At current pace, it looks like it's going to come into view in 2018 or 2019. Very interested to see what the future will bring.

Here are all of your 17 wins:

186 More Best Homemade Tools eBook

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Jon For This Useful Post:

rossbotics (Dec 1, 2017)

Supporting Member LMMasterMariner's Avatar
    Thanks

LMMasterMariner's Tools
    Congratulations. Well deserved.

2000 Tool Plans

Thanks
    Great job and congratulations on another tool of the week. I'm planning on making one of these and your post is helpful.

Thanks
    Excellent tool!
    Have you given any thought to adding a perspex viewing tube (with imbedded crosshairs) to more accurately position the center punch on the work - i.e. similar to the optical center punch at lee valley tools (VeritasĀ® Optical Center Punch - Lee Valley Tools) with its included 8-power monocular or the homemade version featured by knoba on hmt at (http://www.homemadetools.net/forum/o...81#post28636)? - or is this too fussy for your intended tool use?

As mklotz noted, truly accurate positioning requires dial gauges, but an optical viewing tube would improve hole placement quite a bit.

Gary (kngtek)
    Calgary, AB

Thanks
    Thanked 1,649 Times in 403 Posts

rossbotics's Tools
    I don't use a center punch enough to even own one besides putting cross hairs in it LOL, this tool was built for the sole purpose of competing and making a tool to post in the home made tools forum, I doubt highly it will ever get struck by a hammer, I'll never use it, I use machine dials and DRO's for everything I do, I'll probably give it to my neighbor for a paper weight, it was just something I wanted to make and share, thanks for your comment.

186 More Best Homemade Tools eBook
    Last edited by rossbotics; Jul 31, 2017 at 01:01 AM.
    Comments are always welcome
    Doug

Subscribe to my you tube channel

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCDD..._as=subscriber

Tool Plans for Sale by rossbotics

Thread Information