Free 186 More Best Homemade Tools eBook:  
Get 2,000+ tool plans, full site access, and more.

User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Socket wrench for toilet oval water shutoff valve

Thanks
    Sounds like a keeper

186 More Best Homemade Tools eBook

Supporting Member Hoosiersmoker's Avatar
    Thanks
    First thing I do when I move into a house (and installed my own in the house we built) is shut off the water and replace all the gate type supply valves with actual 1/4 turn ball valves. First house I did it on I needed to replace a toilet 20 years after I replaced the valve. I just gave it a quick turn and it worked smoothly and easily. Replaced toilet flush valves and faucet sets multiple times and never had a leak or any other issue. I never went back and the extra cost is worth it since you only have to pay it once. I put them in my parents house too when I replaced their kitchen sink and faucet.

2000 Tool Plans
    "Divided We Stand, Together We Rise!" - (From "White Feather") - Marillion

Thanks

jdurand's Tools
    Quote Originally Posted by Hoosiersmoker View Post
    First thing I do when I move into a house (and installed my own in the house we built) is shut off the water and replace all the gate type supply valves with actual 1/4 turn ball valves. First house I did it on I needed to replace a toilet 20 years after I replaced the valve. I just gave it a quick turn and it worked smoothly and easily. Replaced toilet flush valves and faucet sets multiple times and never had a leak or any other issue. I never went back and the extra cost is worth it since you only have to pay it once. I put them in my parents house too when I replaced their kitchen sink and faucet.
    we specified ALL ball valves in our new house. The plumber did one better, all stainless steel ball valves.

Then he went and ran a screw into the hot wire of a power cable buried in the wall. The electrician had warned him there were wires there.

So then the electrician fixed it by disconnecting the hot wire and then using the yellow green for the new hot wire.

186 More Best Homemade Tools eBook

4. The Following User Says Thank You to jdurand For This Useful Post:

Hoosiersmoker (Feb 16, 2023)

Thread Information