Free 186 More Best Homemade Tools eBook:  
Get 2,000+ tool plans, full site access, and more.

User Tag List

Page 21 of 295 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 71 121 ... LastLast

Thread: Vintage work crew photos

Thanks

ranald's Tools
    Interesting propaganda or not: it was certainly psychology to "find a common enemy" to get squabbling factions of society to unite. I remember my parents talking about the allies having taught Japan how to make good steel for weapons other than their excellent sword/knife & other hand weapons.

It was not just steel/metal that was collected but wood also.
    My dad had his solid plaster factory & trucks confiscated, the factory ( third biggest in Brisbane) was used to make soda(soft drinks) for the US guys stationed here.

They created the "Brisbane line" of defence and US personnel were stationed in and around the city. My father and his brother were allowed to keep a truck each if they went to" the Terrirory" to build a road through the centre south from Darwin. They were not accepted into the forces as they were "C Class". They had flat feet & considered not able to march, when they tried to enlist, so deemed to be unfit for service=C Class. The Japanese did indeed bomb Darwin but the road for supplies was never needed for the purpose of slowing the advance of the attackers. All of my dads mail to Mum (newly weds) was scrutionised and much of the letters cut out probably more to do with morale back home than sucurity.
    I kind of think the road could have had the reverse affect if the enemy landed though there would have been a plan to destroy at least some in that event.

186 More Best Homemade Tools eBook

2. The Following User Says Thank You to ranald For This Useful Post:

PJs (Nov 4, 2018)

Thanks

ranald's Tools
    Quote Originally Posted by Jon View Post
    Relevant:

Regarding Hitler, a survivor of WW1; His exploits were reportably financed by a family Rothchild. Sounds???????????? Rothchild is a Jewish name isn't it? Propaganda? Lies? Super race yet look at hitler himself! Family (Rothchild) in the U.S.? Too many questions remain unanswered to the people.
    Nostradamus mentions a name like Hitler & the town where he was born. Fate?
    Can of worms!

2000 Tool Plans

Thanks

MeJasonT's Tools
    You should try mentioning the word Oil over the telephone whilst working out in the middle east, especially whilst the Gulf wars were taking place. Oh **** too late that's me getting monitored by special branch.
    Citizen of the "New democratic" Republic of Britain, liberated from the EuroNation

Thanks

MeJasonT's Tools
    There was a mention of the Husain's having lunch at the White House 24 Hrs before we (the royal we) lit up Iraq - again quite odd as in the 80s we were helping Iraq in the Iran-Iraq war. Why is it normal folks like us never understand who's the enemy. I think if you are going to start a war on someone you should at least have the balls to declare war on them first. Pearl Harbour was an absolute C***s trick.
    Citizen of the "New democratic" Republic of Britain, liberated from the EuroNation

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MeJasonT For This Useful Post:

PJs (Nov 4, 2018), Toolmaker51 (Nov 4, 2018)

Thanks

ranald's Tools
    Quote Originally Posted by MeJasonT View Post
    There was a mention of the Husain's having lunch at the White House 24 Hrs before we (the royal we) lit up Iraq - again quite odd as in the 80s we were helping Iraq in the Iran-Iraq war. Why is it normal folks like us never understand who's the enemy. I think if you are going to start a war on someone you should at least have the balls to declare war on them first. Pearl Harbour was an absolute C***s trick.
    yep! underhanded crap that got its Karma................ with interest. Power & greed.

Thanks

Moby Duck's Tools
    Something wrong with the link here. I am trying to post a comment on the Chinese hauling boats and it brings me here where the boat hauling doesn't appear to be mentioned.
    Last edited by Moby Duck; Nov 4, 2018 at 04:29 AM.

Thanks
    China? 1946?
    In China in 1946 were black slaves?
    Most likely the photo was taken in another country and not in 1946!

10. The Following User Says Thank You to biakss For This Useful Post:

MeJasonT (Nov 6, 2018)

Jon
    Jon is online now Jon has agreed the Seller's Terms of Service
    Administrator
    Supporting Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 38,837 Times in 11,335 Posts
    Moby Duck - your post is correctly placed. This is a single thread containing numerous photos, and all replies appear in order. If you want to comment on a photo from a few pages back, you can use the "Reply with Quote" function on the original photo post to reproduce that photo in your reply.

biakss - I believe those are paid workers, doing a traditional Chinese pre-motorboat era job called "boat tracking". You can always poke around in Google or another search engine to research more of these photos; in Chrome, you can even control-click on the image to do a similar image search in Google right from the image. Prior to reviewing those photos, I must warn you - this boat tracking job was previously, and is now (ceremonially) carried out unclothed! Ironically, it may be one of the safer occupations we see in this thread. Someone in this thread is probably more knowledgeable about this than I am.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Jon For This Useful Post:

PJs (Nov 4, 2018)

Thanks

MeJasonT's Tools
    I'm curios as to the reasons behind only UK and USA apologising for the slave trade. The Dutch were quite a huge trading nation who transported many salves and yet very little was mentioned of their involvement.

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MeJasonT For This Useful Post:

PJs (Nov 4, 2018), Toolmaker51 (Nov 4, 2018)

Supporting Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by biakss View Post
    China? 1946?
    In China in 1946 were black slaves?
    Most likely the photo was taken in another country and not in 1946!
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dmitri_Kessel
    And a similar image, possibly the same time but of a different group from a different angle
    Vintage work crew photos-gettyimages-92937573-1024x1024.jpg

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to 12bolts For This Useful Post:

Jon (Nov 4, 2018), MeJasonT (Nov 6, 2018)

Thread Information