It's progress forward tho!
You must have nicer weather than we have right now... it was a balmy -15F this morning, with a breeze... It has warmed up to 1F so far.
Hopefully the next sheets go on smoothly, and you'll soon have some roof coverage that helps.
Was planning on getting more sheets up today but as soon as I started to move the backhoe crane to grab some more the wind got up. it was supposed to blow all day after switching from the South to the North West I caught it during the lull during the change of direction. 5 to 10 MPH breezes don't seem like much until you think about wrestling a sheet of metal that is half as large as a the canopy of a parachute in area and you currently only have a single sheet to stand on things can go south in a hurry. once I have 3 or 4 sheets down the risk management factor drops by a huge factor For 2 or 3 guys it would be a moot deal just fly them up and shift them one at a time in place with a guy on either end and a guy starting somewhere near the middle to get the first couple of screws in. In the past I've been on roofs with a stack of sheets in winds so bad the crane operator refused to bring us another bundle.
After several days of wind and being tied up on another project I finally got back to the work on the shop
26 this morning but the wind was blowing out of the North around 15 MPH. went out at 7 to feed the animals and break ice on their water bowls.
Figured the day might be another wash out but around 10 the wind began changing direction and dying down the temp was in the upper 30's so hooked up an electric heater on the backhoe by 11 I tried to start it the wind had calmed I hoisted 7 sheets up then started screwing them down managed to get 4 before the wind decided to make a brief blow not real bad but enough to make it hard to drag the 36 foot long sheets around so took a brief break then got back up there and screwed down the remaining 3 then went and loaded 6 more hoisted them up by now it was around 3 in the afternoon had the last one screwed down by 5 then Jane told me we needed to go cut some more fire wood incase rainy weather comes in Tuesday like they think
Any way I now have 40 feet of the 61 feet of the north roof completed
Last edited by metric_taper; 01-21-2020 at 03:24 PM.
Today the winds are gusting close to 30 MPH and from the ground feeling the columns I don't detect any movement at all, That's not to say there is not any I just don't detect any.
There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)